UX/UI Designer (Human Factors)
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19103
About the Team:
Platform Engineering Operations, xTools is an organization of operations professionals developing software tools, building deployment strategy, and evaluating the operational readiness of products and services in the Platform, Cloud TV/DVR/VOD, Home Networking, and Mobile Applications spaces. Our teams of architects, designers, business analysts, software engineers, configuration managers, and support engineers have the capacity to advance both abstract strategies and hands-on solutions to change how we do operations.
You'll play a pivotal role in creating user experiences for engineering support applications at the largest multi-media and Entertainment Company in the country. You'll support the creation of interfaces, design patterns and interactions across various internal products and platforms. You're a big picture thinker that has a head for complexity and digs deep to understand user behavior intent. You excel in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment that includes designers, engineers, business, strategists and architects.
- You'll be a key part and a strong voice of the idea generation process, working directly with product teams to facilitate design thinking sessions
- Work in all areas of experience design (generative and evaluative research, interaction design, information architecture and visual design)
- Iterate design solutions, articulate design decisions and provide feedback on wireframes, and lead definition of patterns and standards.
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders and team members to translate rough ideas and opportunities into clear concept models, tangible prototypes, and screen designs.
- Work to synthesize feedback and input from users, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders into a cohesive vision.
- Be a champion for users' needs from requirements gathering through solution definition.
- Develop information architecture, interaction flows and user interface deliverables, including wireframe mockups, detailed visual design mockups, storyboards, flow diagrams, etc.
- Lead and facilitate user research and usability testing activities.
- Participate confidently, support, communicate in the full design and course-correct in the development cycle to ensure that creative innovations in user-centered design are faithfully delivered.
- User-centered design experience
- Strong design facilitation skills leading project teams in participatory and collaborative design sessions.
- Strong application of interaction design best practices.
- Clear understanding of usability heuristics and experience performing real-time design evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience solving complex user (cognitive) problems through visual design, interaction design, and usability expertise.
- Demonstrated skill applying user-centered design practices, e.g., using ethnography data, user needs analysis, participatory design, end-user observation data, and usability testing data to influence design decisions.
- Ability to rapidly sketch out user-flows with pencil and paper, whiteboards, or post-it notes.
- Strong experience developing interactive prototypes and documentation to aid evaluation of designs for complex applications.
- Strong design foundation including adept use of grids, typography, visual hierarchy, etc.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to technical and business teams with passion and diplomacy.
Nice to Have (Not Required):
- Experience with JAD a plus.
- Experience with Axure a plus.