UX/UI Designer (Mobile)
Apartments.com and Apartment Finder are leading websites for marketing rental properties. CoStar Group, the parent company of Apartments.com and Apartment Finder, seeks a designer who is creative, articulate, and professional with the ability to significantly and positively impact the business. The ideal candidate will also be able to serve as a hybrid UX/UI Designer. This individual will work in close collaboration with Product Managers and our Creative Director in shaping all aspects of the look and feel of cross platform applications from desktop, mobile web and native mobile apps. This will include sketching, user research, prototyping, user testing, and final interface design. Experience designing responsive web applications is a must. The UX/UI Designer should be able to work in an agile and iterative environment. Initial concepts will be discussed, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders.
- Create visual designs based on approved wireframes or sketches.
- Produce production assets for development teams based on initial approved designs.
- Participate in usability studies on existing and new applications.
- Approve development team implementation of approved designs when necessary.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or Visual Communications or on-the job equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of experience designing user experiences for mobile apps, mobile and desktop
web, or experience in visual or interaction designer.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and teamwork skills.
- User Interface Design Skills, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented.
- Proficient in a variety of design tools (including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite,
Sketch, InVision, and Axure, etc.)
- Strong abilities in sketching, prototyping, and evaluating interaction design.
- Knowledge of the best practices for interaction design for cross-platform devices and
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery for rapid prototyping and supporting UI
- Passionate about information architecture.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- A strong online portfolio showcasing examples of modern design
- Proficiency experience HTML5 & CSS3 would be valuable asset but not required
Apartments.com is part of CoStar Group, Inc.
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - CSGP) is commercial real estate's leading provider of information and analytic services.
Founded in 1987, CoStar conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. Many of the world's most prestigious organizations rely on the information services provided by CoStar and its subsidiaries. Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar maintains offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe with a staff of approximately 3,500 worldwide, including the industry's largest professional Research organization.
So why work for CoStar?
Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work. CoStar-s benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide. Besides generous pay and performance-based incentives, the company also provides a 401(k) with company match. We support our employees- professional and academic growth with internal training and tuition reimbursement. CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing