Apartments.com and Apartment Finder are leading websites for marketing rental properties. CoStar Group, the parent company of Apartments.com and Apartment Finder, seeks a designer who is creative, articulate, and professional with the ability to significantly and positively impact the business. This individual will work in close collaboration with Product Managers in shaping all aspects of the look and feel of cross platform applications from desktop, mobile web and native mobile apps. This will include sketching, user research, prototyping, user testing, and final interface design. Experience designing responsive web applications is a must. The UX/UI Designer should be able to work in an agile and iterative environment. Initial concepts will be discussed, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders.
* Create visual designs based on approved wireframes or sketches.
* Collaborate with Project Managers to create wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and visual visual designs.
* Produce production assets and design specifications for development teams based on approved designs.
* Oversee and Approve development team implementation of approved designs.
* BA/BS in Graphic Design or Visual Communications or on-the job equivalent experience.
* 3-7 years of experience designing user experiences for mobile apps, mobile and desktop
* A strong online portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process (problem/solution, before/after, research, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, visual concepts, styleguides).
* Proficient Axure and a variety of design tools (including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite, XD,
Sketch, InVision etc.)
* Excellent communication, problem solving, presentation and adaptability teamwork skills.
* Ability to articulate design thinking through whiteboard sketches to high fidelity interactive prototypes.
* Passionate about design with the ability to give and receive feedback.
* Knowledge of UX best practices for applications and cross-platform devices.
* Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and how it effects front-end design.
* The ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines with attention to detail while maintaining high standards of quality.
* HTML 5 / CSS3 Coding
* Motion Graphics
* Project Management
* Experience working on platforms, marketplaces, and/or Ecommerce is a plus
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing