Who We Are:
Our teams of architects, designers, business analysts, software engineers, configuration managers, and support engineers have the capacity to advance both abstract strategies and hands-on solutions to change how our Company does operations.
What We're Looking For:
You'll play a pivotal role in creating user experiences for engineering support applications at the largest multi-media and entertainment company in the country. You'll support the creation of content navigation, interfaces, design patterns and interactions across various internal products and platforms. You're a detailed thinker that has a head for complexity and digs deep to intricate details of complex information systems. You excel in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment that includes designers, engineers, business, strategists and architects.
What You'll Do:
• You'll be a key part and a strong voice of the establishing information hierarchy, categorizing content, and creating intuitive navigation schemes for software applications.
• Work in all areas of experience design (generative and evaluative research, interaction design, information architecture and visual design)
• Iterate design solutions, articulate design decisions and provide feedback on wireframes, and lead definition of patterns and standards.
• Collaborate and consult with stakeholders and team members to translate rough ideas and opportunities into clear concept models, tangible prototypes, and screen designs.
• Work to synthesize feedback and input from users, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders into a cohesive vision.
• Be a champion for users' needs from requirements gathering through solution definition.
• Develop information architecture, interaction flows and user interface deliverables, including wireframe mockups, detailed visual design mockups, storyboards, flow diagrams, etc.
• Support user research and usability testing activities.
• Participate confidently, support, communicate in the full design and course-correct in the development cycle to ensure that creative innovations in user-centered design are faithfully delivered.
• Minimum 5 years user-centered design experience (6-10 preferred).
• Strong application of design best practices and evidence based approach.
• Clear understanding of usability heuristics and experience performingreal-time design evaluations.
• Demonstrated experience solving complex user (cognitive) problemsthrough organization systems, labeling systems, navigation systems, search systems and hierarchical structure of the content.
• Demonstrated skill applying user-centered design practices, e.g., usingethnography data, user needs analysis, participatory design, end-userobservation data, and usability testing data to influence design decisions.
• Ability to rapidly sketch out user-flows with pencil and paper,whiteboards, or post-it notes.
• Strong experience developing interactive prototypes and documentationto aid evaluation of designs for complex applications. Experience with Axure a plus.
• Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills, with theability to effectively engage and convey ideas to technical and business teams with passion and diplomacy.