Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO's Digital Experience team is looking for a very talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working team player to join us as a UX/UI Designer to help shape the future of its award-winning app and website. Reporting to a team lead, you will work side by side with other designers and UX researchers on the Digital Experience team to help design and support innovative experiences across all our digital platforms. This role collaborates with systems analysts and developers across the entire IT organization. You will be one of the design gurus who will advocate for consistent interfaces and experiences for multiple projects across GEICO's digital platforms. You will be responsible for Create and modify designs for mobile, web, presentations, and more. You will collaborate with analyst and development teams across the IT organization to create seamless user experiences. You will create robust wireframes and hi-fidelity design artifacts using Creative Cloud, Axure, or Justinmind. You will present and pitch designs to all levels of management. You will properly document design decisions and provide dev-ready assets. You will research and integrate up-and-coming design trends.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
* BA/BS or higher in web design, graphic design, user interface design, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline
* 3+ years of experience within a corporate or agency setting
* Mastery of the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator) on a Mac
* Experience designing iOS/Android app and responsive web interfaces is a must
* Ability to articulate design decisions confidently - both written and spoken
* Great communication skills to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders
* Creative ability to ideate from an initial concept and can see it through the design process to implementation
* Ability to manage and prioritize projects while still maintaining pixel-perfect attention to details
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.