Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 12 months
This team is Agile, this person will be going to SCRUM meetings, meeting with product manager team. Doing product research for best solution etc. Looking more on the visual side. Position very web product focused. 4 SCRUM teams in Portfolio. Lost 1 designer and only now has 1 supporting all 4 teams. This person will be working with Product Owner, understanding on what is being accomplished during sprint and handling design work. Hybrid thinking on big design picture, 'digital garage' multi-week workshop creating personas. Designer responsible for creating team norms.
Types of work- looking for visual design ability, UX ability (look for this in portfolio), looking for polish.
Team- 3 content strategist, 1 full time designer and 1 contractor in various responsibilities.
Looking for someone who could commit to a year contract, looking for a long term need and become part of the team.
Currently in the process of redoing portfolio, so could reshift focus over the next year.
Culture on the team- spread out onto 3 locations. Everyone WFH on Friday, he does accept random WFH days. He prefers the onsite presence for collaboration.
Agency vs corporate experience- no preference, but if on the agency side, looking for someone who is more in depth with projects, not just banner adds etc.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Client. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will revolutionize how people experience insurance. If Candidate are an innovative thought leader who wants to use modern, open technologies and frameworks to develop products that positively impact people, then join our team and let’s build something great together.
Right now, our hiring team is in pursuit of a Product Designer to help us evolve our digital experience.
- Collaboration: Candidate will be involved in the whole product lifecycle, from idea through execution, and will partner closely with product owners, developers, and copywriters to come up with the best solutions. Candidate are a great listener and are able to integrate multiple considerations and perspectives to refine your ideas, and Candidate excel at communicating those ideas.
- User experience: Candidate will create user-centered design solutions that emphasize ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and improve the customer experience. Candidate will work throughout all phases of the design process and may produce storyboards, personas/scenarios, user task/interaction flow diagrams, information hierarchy, wireframes, prototypes and final visual assets.
- Visual design: Candidate will ensure that the look, feel, layout and interaction details of your products meet customer needs and deliver against business objectives. Candidate will work with team leadership and external functions to ensure corporate communication and brand standards are met. Despite your outstanding design skills and your passion for every pixel, Candidate let the user drive the evolution of your designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphics or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of mobile/web design experience
- Expert knowledge of web graphics applications (including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Solid understanding of information architecture, usability, and UX practices
- Experience with rapid prototyping using tools such as Axure, Invision or UXPin
- Strong presentation skills and ability to sell the customer benefits of your design concepts
- Expertise in mobile and responsive web design
- Experience working with business and development teams in an agile environment
- Experience using design thinking framework or other human-centered design techniques
Mahak Jan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 248-384-8483