About Blue Buffalo:
Founded in 2003 in Wilton, Connecticut, Blue Buffalo is the leader in premium quality, all-natural pet nutrition. Our brand has experienced double and triple-digit annual growth over the past several years through strong ads, strategic marketing programs, and innovative product releases GENERAL DESCRIPTION - PURPOSE OF ROLE:
"Love Them Like Family, Feed them Like Family".
This is an exciting time to be part of the Blue Buffalo family, as the company is on a journey to revolutionize relationships with consumer (Pet Parent). This role is key to Blue Buffalo's growth strategy: cultivating deeper, more meaningful relationships with consumers (Pet Parents) that will drive incremental value and loyalty to Blue Buffalo. As part of our Blue Buffalo family, you'll play a role in accelerating Blue Buffalo's journey to be there to support consumers (Pet Parents) during all the moments that matter in their lives. You'll make an impact by contributing to the evolution of our first ever digital consumer (Pet Parent) experience, Buddies by Blue Buffalo designed to feed healthy relationships between families and their pets and supports Blue Buffalo's mission to love them like family, so more Pet Parents who love them like family can feed them like family.
We a re seeking a Senior UX/UI Interaction Designer to join our Blue Buffalo Consumer (Pet Parent) Experience Team and report directly to the Senior Director of Consumer Experiences. In this role you will leverage your passion for consumer (Pet Parent) experience to design differentiated and engaging UX/UI across all digital touchpoints (e ). You'll apply a deep understanding of consumer (Pet Parent) needs to oversee and design interactive and engaging web/mobile interfaces that engage consumers (Pet Parents) across all touchpoints. In this role, you will need to work frequently across teams and with agency/vendor partners to define and develop UX/UI designs, inclusive of, but not limited to, sitemaps, wireframes, and design prototypes. As a champion of the consumer (Pet Parent), you will have the opportunity to create unique and personalized experiences that deliver on consumer (Pet Parent needs) and create deeper and more meaningful relationships between BLUE and consumers (Pet Parents). ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Strategy & Design
- Lead and guide the development of UX/UI designs (interactive wireframes, prototypes, sitemaps, etc) for our BLUE experience platforms and across digital channels, applying a human centered design approach to address consumer (Pet Parent) needs as informed by the consumer (Pet Parent) journey.
- Mentor and guide junior designer(s); helping grow design talent and develop specialized skills
Research & Execution
- Work with consumer (Pet Parent) Engagement team to understand consumer (Pet Parent) engagement initiatives, programs and campaign performance; leverage insights to inform updates to journeys and plans to better deliver on consumer (Pet Parent) needs across touchpoints.
- Collaborate with MarTech and Experience Product Owners to understand product roadmap and shape and inform UX/UI needs and document associated requirements.
- Leverage marketing/business team requirements, as well as consumer (Pet Parent) research to guide visual/UX/UI considerations as use cases are being developed.
- Guide web/digital channel operations in partnership with Channel Activation and MarTech teams to ensure a seamless/omnichannel consumer (Pet Parent) experience.
- Work closely with BLUE MarTech (e.g., engineers, developers) and experience Product Managers throughout the product development lifecycle and continuously as part of release planning efforts.
- In partnership with cross-functional peers, conduct user research to understand (consumer) Pet Parent needs and behaviors and leverage insights to inform UX designs.
- In partnership with the Channel Activation team, Experience Product Manager and vendor/agency partners guide and support the implementation of responsive designs across all BLUE web and mobile app platforms.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve consumer (Pet Parent) experience gaps across digital touchpoints (e.g., web/mobile app).
- Pay close attention to the consumer (Pet Parent) experience landscape, identifying trends and new opportunities to enhance the consumer (Pet Parent) experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of experience in user experience design
- 5+ years of experience designing interface solution (i.e., wireframes, user flows, web/mobile prototypes)
- Experience owning visual product design end-to-end; experience with digital product interface designs and storyboarding.
- Experience facilitating user experience research and testing including paper prototyping, surveys, usability testing and interviews; with the ability to communicate out findings and apply to future design(s) and experience platform builds
- Experience with design platforms and tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, etc.
- Must be able to work in a pet-friendly office
- Start-up Mentality
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator
- Working knowledge of agile tools (JIRA/CONFLUENCE)
- Experience working in agile rhythms and familiarity with agile product release schedules
- Pet enthusiast preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Design, or related field OR related education/work experience COMPANY OVERVIEW
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.