Creative, Self-Motivated, Innovative, Conceptual; these are some of the qualities we are looking for in our newest member of our growing e-Commerce team! Here is a unique opportunity to join a proud and GROWING Berkshire Hathaway company that is well-known in the industry for its creative advertising and employee-focused culture.
Jordan's Furniture's e-Commerce team has an opening for a UX/UI Designer. The Designer will be responsible to design and build new digital experiences. This individual will lead and solve UX/UI design challenges for responsive web based projects and create a best-in-class user experience. The ideal candidate should emphasize clean and creative designs and translate high-level business requirements and UX design/wireframing into interaction flows, page designs, and site features into intuitive and functional user interfaces. The candidate must have a working understanding of front-end coding and structure to blend design concepts with development frameworks. The succesful individual must be comfortable leading and solving UX/UI design challenges for large and small-scale responsive web-based projects and creates a best-in-class user experience using the latest tools and techniques. This position reports to the Director of e-Commerce. This position is located at our corporate offices in East Taunton, MA. We offer a balance of in office and remote work.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean yet creative design and possess the business acumen to translate high-level business requirements and UX design/wireframing into interaction flows, page designs, site features, and individual elements - transforming them from concept into intuitive, valuable and functional user interfaces. This role also requires the candidate to have a working understanding of front-end code format and structure to marry intuitive design concepts with development architecture.
- Create innovative and clean design concepts using industry best practices to enhance Jordans.com functionality and user experience
- Execute on all phases of the design process from wireframing concepts and mocks to final hand-off to developers and QA
- Conduct industry and competitive research on UI best practices and solutions to UI challenges
- Develop technical and business requirements and deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Translate wireframes into high-quality user interface designs using industry best practices
- Adhere to ADA & WCAG standards consistently
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how Jordans.com should function and look
- Deliver pixel-perfect implementation of design comps across multiple breakpoints to ensure the best UX across various browsers and device form factors.
- Apply design and development best practices including naming conventions, code styling, etc.
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to resolve user experience problems and friction points
- Work closely with stakeholder teams during design and development phases to ensure project UI goals and deadlines are met
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables concurrently and efficiently
- Participate in the e-Commerce roadmap planning process to help identify opportunities and emerging trends
- Retail/consumer goods web experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- Previous solid experience in responsive web design & web development technologies with e-Commerce experience
- Solid understanding of the capabilities of web browsers across multiple platforms
- Proficiency in building cross-browser and cross-device responsive interfaces
- Strong knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.
- Portfolio demonstrating clean, intuitive, and functional UX design
- Comfortable using web analytics and qualitative data to inform design
- Passionate about design and UX
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across various audience
- Experience with code repository tools and concepts such as GitHub
Happy, healthy employees are our goal, and our benefits help J-Team members balance physical, financial, professional, social and emotional well-being. Visit our benefits page for more details.
If you're ready to make a difference in your career, we are interested in speaking with you!
Jordan's Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer