UX Architect - (Drupal) - Remote
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future. Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundary less. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day. It also means joining a team that has been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable and rewarding companies in the world.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You'reresponsible for leading strategic thinking, user research, experience planning, and driving discovery and decision making with clients on digital projects ranging from new or redesigned responsive websites, mobile and tablet applications, and other digital systems & interfaces.
Specifically, as an Solutions Architect :
What You'll Have
- You will facilitate workshops with clients and other stakeholders to understand their needs
- Research users and competitors
- Scope and plan features and functionality, outline the overall site flow and the hierarchy of each page template,
- Conduct usability testing and synthesize the results, and annotates the interactions and functional requirements.
- You will work closely with clients, digital strategists, content strategists, visual designers, project managers, account managers and front-end and back-end developers to develop innovative and engaging solutions.
- Your most fundamental job is to understand and empathize with the end user and advocate for them at every turn.
- 8+ years of Web Development
- Experience developing or contributing to enterprise user interface guidelines and pattern libraries.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of user experience and interaction design fundamentals across a range of digital products.
- Experience with web accessibility and WCAG guidelines
- Comprehensive understanding of responsive design techniques and modern CSS
- Familiarity or proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite is a plus.
- Familiarity with prototyping and wire framing best practices, even based on previous use of non-core prototyping tools and/or wire framing tools (e.g., Visio, OmniGraffle, InVision Studio)
- Ability to demonstrate experience influencing UX strategy and show contributions to UX execution for interactive digital work for multiple clients and/or projects.
- At least 5 years of CMS experience (Drupal, SiteCore, Maketo, AEM)
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined time frames.
- Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
What You'll Also Get
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years front-end Web development experience or in a related job within the Design industry
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies.SBD, a Fortune 200 companyis a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #LI-AH1EEO:
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.