UX Design Lead for Innovation Design Center for Global Software Company in San Francisco, CA.
UX Design Lead/Manger with Research experience who shares our innovation through passion philosophy and thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
Our work appears on smart phones, tablets, computers, televisions, wearables and other devices we can t describe yet.
You will work with our multidisciplinary team of UX, technologists and strategists, and play a key role in shaping the future experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for creative-minded UX designers who are skilled at each piece of the design process from foundational, mixed methods research to iterative ideation to shipping products.
In this role, you will apply your system-design thinking and leadership skills to build future-forward products in a fast-paced environment.
There are three key parts to this role:
- UX strategy and management
- UX Design (UX research & strategy, product design, presenting to leadership)
- Contribute to SDIC design culture (advocate for design process, be the voice of the user, run design crits and mentor jr. designers)
- Deliver UX vision and strategy backed by a strong process for multiple product lines.
- Work with key stakeholders in product, engineering and design to set the right goals, manage expectations and deliverables.
- Lead and manage the UX team through foundational research, iterative ideation, concepting to getting stakeholder buy-in and shipping product.
- Advocate for strong design culture across the organization and champion user-centered processes.
- Showcase and present your team s work regularly to key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the creation of design artifacts such as personas, empathy maps, customer journey maps, storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and UI specs to guide Agile teams through design and implementation.
- Ensuring adherence to design best practices by coaching and educating team members.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of Designers.
Must Have Skillsets
- 7+ years of experience in UX design
- UX management and direct team leadership experience
- Able to present, communicate, and defend ideas across a variety of audiences (internal team and executive leadership), help critique and push the rest of the team to better work
- Able to influence and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders in the organization.
- Able to work independently, handling schedules in fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- Strong foundation in core design skills
- A clear understanding of user-centered processes and proven methodologies for identifying and solving problems
- Bachelor s degree in HCI, design or related field. Master s degree preferred.
- Experience designing for consumer facing product at agency, startup or product company
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts to executive leadership
- Experience wearing many hats at once across the UX design pipeline
- Experience working with multi-national teams on projects
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
Portfolio: Please include a link to your portfolio with your job application.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6-12+ months, may convert to full-time.
Travel: International and Domestic travel is required