· BBBY’s User Experience Team is in charge of designing great customer experiences across our digital channels — for both Bed Bath & Beyond and buybuy BABY. By focusing on the customer first and creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates engaging experiences that build customer loyalty and drive revenue growth.
The UX Design Manager will work directly with the UX Director to deliver the user experience for the company’s eCommerce sites and mobile apps. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and visual design of company sites in collaboration with business users, product managers and the developers.·
· Core Responsibilities:
· Manage and develop a team of designers. Set clear goals, provide constructive feedback and ensure consistent quality design across multiple product teams.
· Ensure the team thinks strategically about their work, striking a balance between speed to market and perfection.
· Utilize UX Research to better understand our customer and positively affect the design process.
· Seek out processes, tools, and methods to optimize team productivity and to allow for a higher level of innovation.
· Communicate with stakeholders, leadership, and other departments on project status and team needs.
· Think strategically about customer needs and how to best reconcile those with business goals.
· Maintain and evolve our Design Language System.
· Manage timelines, scope and team allocation.
· Provide inspiration and foster a learning environment for the design team.
· Advocate for UX within the company.
· Stay current with trends in UX, design web/app technology and e-commerce.
· 7+ years of design work focused on User Experience
· 2+ years experience leading a design team
· Experience running UX Research projects
· Demonstrated experience translating consumer insights into clean, elegant experiences
· In-depth knowledge of human centered innovation approaches
· Bonus for knowledge of CSS and/or React
· Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in design, UX, cognitive psychology or related field preferred or equivalent experience
650 Liberty Ave Union, NJ, 07083Contact