Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
Are you inspired by designing enterprise-grade applications that drive business impact? Do you want to leverage your design skills to help create products our customers love? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the UX Designer role with First American. First American is building a cutting edge, internal consulting team to grow our business through delighting our customers. If you crave customer satisfaction, are lit up by technology, and live for transformation, this is the job for you.
As a UX Designer, you will own and drive the design for multiple products and platforms that support First American. You will collaboratively work with Product and Engineering to create, refine, and explore ways in which business partners can create world-class title and escrow technology. In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you'll drive UX design from early-stage concepts through final delivery and launch. You'll work closely with product management, engineering, and executive leadership across First American. We are looking for a talented designer with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. Ideal candidates are self-starters who bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on. They are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments.
*This position can be 100% remote. Responsibilities
- Lead end-to-end UX Design activities.
- Conceptualize and iterate designs rapidly based on user feedback
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, and detailed UI and visual design specifications
- Create user-centered designs that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our product
- Incorporate customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into the design.
- Facilitate and participate in design & co-creation workshops
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications.
- Performing metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts.
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or similar.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX, interaction and visual design, that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker. This should also include the approach and process.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture, interaction design, user-centered design and design-thinking methodologies.
- Expert in high-fidelity design and prototyping with Figma
- Experience working with design systems.
- Experience designing for complex web applications and digital products with multiple user touchpoints.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
- Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model with the implementation models.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience designing for financial, B2B, or enterprise-level applications, highly preferred
- Interest and experience with UX writing is a plus
- Familiarity with designing for accessibility
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.