Acumen Solutions drives excellence - not only in our performance, but also in the results we deliver for our clients. We are a global cloud consultancy combining the insight of our strategists, the vision of our innovators, and the ingenuity of our engineers to achieve extraordinary impact. The Fortune 500 trust us to build solutions focused on growing revenue and profits by amplifying competitive advantage and strengthening customer relationships. Our groundbreaking solutions in the public sector streamline operations and improve productivity. We apply this same focus on excellence to our unparalleled social responsibility program, generating sustainable impact across our local communities.
Because we are an industry leader, we bring User-Centered Design (UCD) process methods to the solutions we provide our clients from concept to launch. The Acumen Solutions’ UX Practice focuses on strategizing, understanding, reimagining, and transforming experiences in order to find ways in which the customer relationship can be supported, strengthened, and deepened across moments of interaction. The experience our team brings delivers success.
Engage with us at www.acumensolutions.com or on Twitter @AcumenSolutions.
Acumen Solutions is hiring a UX Designer in the McLean, VA location.
A UX Designer is responsible for working in partnership with the project team and client to solve complex user experience problems and articulate clear design requirements in a human-centered framework.
This role will be creating and supporting solutions for people needing to connect to data to help enrich their lives, to include everything from e-commerce, to social media, government, and mobile. Our UX Designer will need to think globally and have an entrepreneurial spirit. Although we move quickly, we believe in quality and prefer to create solid strategies through A/B testing and up-front user research.
Team Member Responsibilities
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements, and translate research insights into elegant design decisions based on data and industry best practices
- Design user flows and wireframes at both a high level as well as building out refined details. Ensure layout is in-line with best practices, and user expectations and needs (508c)
- Create lightweight prototype concepts for communication with the business, project team, and for usability studies
- Add visual design to the UI to translate experience requirements for the developers. Align with branding ensuring consistency throughout the solution
- Participate in user research activities such as user interviews, surveys, and usability studies to make constructive recommendations based on data, best practices, and industry trends
- Represent and provide the voice of the user(s) in business and product conversations and decisions.
The ideal candidate can describe their experience with and show work products related to:
- User-Centered Design
- Conducting in-context observations and interviews
- Creating process flows, user flows, and highly detailed annotated wireframes and mockups within complex web applications
- Sketching and generating big-picture ideas for early-stage UX work
- Creating responsive websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games and/or mobile applications
- Typography, layout, color, grid system, information architecture, visual communication and hierarchy, and interaction design
- Prototyping ideas – whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, UXPin, Sketch, or similar prototyping tools
- Learning and adaptability - whether it’s with a new prototyping tool, design process, or game
Additional Desired Qualities/Skills
- Knowledge of U.S. Section 508 compliance
- Experience working with a design system and UI patterns to drive design decisions
- Experience analyzing and interpreting interaction metrics into insights
- Experience planning and facilitating user research and usability studies
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to conduct workshops to document journey maps and user experience details
- Ability to seek opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea)
- Effective communication with solution architects/developers/engineers
- Ability to manage time wisely across competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
- Knowledge of web development with familiarity of multi-platform development techniques
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle
- Experience working with remote team members on different time zones
- Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) Certification a plus
Acumen Solutions offers the opportunity for growth and advancement, as well as a competitive base salary, annual performance based incentives, medical, dental, and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, 401k, and more.
As a leading management and technology consulting firm, Acumen Solutions offers a range of challenging and rewarding opportunities whether you’re just starting out in your career, looking to advance your career, or seeking a senior leadership position. Acumen Solutions employees are ambitious, committed, passionate problem solvers.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor