Who are you?
You combine exceptional craft in working through the details of a visual design with good problem-solving and communication skills. You are a master with Sketch + InVision and you can draw quick wireframes to communicate ideas. You are at your best when collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers, and developers to create designs that marry the best of user, business + technology thinking. It physically pains you when you see JPEG compression on icons. You read Material and iOS style guides for fun. You love obsessing over details. You advocate for the user.
* Creating wireframes, and detailed visual designs
* Working with product management and researchers to understand our users
* Working with business analysts + developers to define user stories and product backlogs
* Participating in usability research to iterate and refine your designs
* Presenting your ideas to stakeholders and advocating on behalf of the user
* Working with developers to realize and polish user experiences
* Actively contributing and using our common design language + design systems
* You will be collaborating with your scrum teams.
* You will be creating wireframes, designs, and prototypes using modern design tools
* You will be sharing your designs with designers, developers, and owners across teams
* You will be participating in project research
* You will be learning about users and applying those findings to your designs
Required Skills / Experience:
* Have experience with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
* 3+ years or equivalent compelling experiences as a designer for enterprise software, responsive web applications, mobile apps, and defining in-house style guides & documenting standards.
* 3+ years of experience with modern design tools - Sketch, Invision, or equivalent (Adobe XD/Ai, UX Pin, Marvel, Figma, Proto.io, Framer, etc.)
* A balance of creativity, productivity + a passion for elegant, simple, emotionally rich design
* Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills with clients and senior executives- write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication/corporate settings
* Strong understanding and commitment to usability and user-centered design principles/methods; including experience in a variety of usability evaluation techniques such as usability testing, contextual interviews, and heuristic evaluations
* Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
* Be able to communicate with technical members of the team and not afraid of learning technology concepts
* Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders
Type: Temp to Hire