We are currently seeking an innovative, passionate, business-oriented User Experience Research Manager for our client in Charlotte. In this role, you'll be leading a highly talented group of researchers with a proven track record of excellence and a reputation within the company to match.
This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization and build a team to design websites that will be seen and used by millions of people.
To succeed in this role, you need to be an extremely organized team leader and able to build a fully-fledged team that will work to transform business goals into a definitive and compelling experience for our clients.
This is very much a 'coaching' position. We are looking for an individual who is excited about expanding their current skillset and experience as part of a fast-paced, multi-functional team as well as encouraging teammates to live up to their potential.
- Define and develop research that addresses stakeholder needs.
- Develop/measure user experience key performance indicators that correlate with business revenue and financial key performance indicators. Manage and oversee user research conducted by others to scientifically measure the user experience and those key performance indicators
- Interview, hire and retain the highest skilled teammates.
- Define individual goals for each team member and coach/mentor to exceed expectations.
- Lead research on existing and emerging digital technologies to improve knowledge and workflow efficiency.
- Stay abreast of user research trends, educate team, and share with stakeholders
- Collaborate with teammates across multiple locations
Required Skills and Competencies:
- MS or PhD in Psychology, UX, HCI, Human Factors, or related research field
- Experience in leading high-performing research teams
- Exceptional track record of conducting research for large scale, complex projects and delivering transformative insights
- Proven experience representing and evangelizing user research to business partners, especially senior leaders.
- Expert command over a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Impeccable communication skills. Able to present complex topics in a simple and compelling manner
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight