UX Researcher - Deloitte Consulting Innovation & Platforms
Location: Atlanta, GA Job Description About Deloitte Consulting'sInnovation & Platforms Practice and the iLab
Deloitte Consulting's Innovation & Platforms practice is an organization within Deloitte Consulting whose goal is to build an environment and culture of continuous innovation to drive profitable revenue through the identification and incubation of breakthrough ideas in IP assets based businesses and markets.
Deloitte's commitment to innovation inspires our clients to new possibilities. From innovation labs to fresh new products and services, we deliver value at every turn. Working with clients, we explore new approaches to critical business issues. Our assets based consulting agenda is designed to deliver tangible results in the near-term and sustainable competitive advantage for years to come.
The iLab is the leading edge product development center for Deloitte Consulting; focused on creating cloud-based software and advanced analytics products. The product portfolio spans multiple software technologies including wearables, machine learning and advanced analytics, social/mobile, and other leading edge technologies.
Our strategy is to augment our leading services practice with software and analytics products that strike at the heart of our clients' business problems providing them with differentiated products. To do this, the iLab is built up of multiple teams including user experience/user interface designers, software architects and engineers, infrastructure and operations staff, testers and developers. All of which follow software quality assurance methods and standards.
The User Experience team is central to how we create intuitive, innovative, beautiful and enjoyable products. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create; and are looking for people who share our passion for translating ideas into relevant and innovative products in the iLab to solve business problems. Job Responsibilities:
A UX Researcher is responsible for working in partnership with the product strategy team (including business owners, product management, business architecture, engineering, and designers) and end-users to solve complex user experience problems and articulate clear design recommendations in a human-centered framework: UX Researcher Responsibilities
UX & Design Team Member Responsibilities
- Create understanding and empathy around user needs (stated and unstated), enabling and collaborating with product teams.
- Conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like user interviews, ethnography studies, surveys, usability testing, and interaction metric analysis.
- Provide periodic insights through all stages of the product, bringing user feedback to product teams; helping identify how to make our products the most useful, usable and delightful to our users.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UX Researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into a research plan; recommend and plan research activities based on the business and product goals.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person or virtual presentations; create journey maps to document current state experiences; sketch user flows and low fidelity wireframes to communicate potential solutions based on research insights.
- Drive product experience direction decisions, based on research findings and expert understanding around UX best practices.
- Ability to conceptualize big picture, innovative design solutions based on business goals and user needs.
- Provide the team with an expert lens on a segment of the design process or tactical execution, to help evolve and expand the team's capabilities.
- Contribute to team standards for "what is good experience design" and how to effectively design with data.
- Recommend standards, templates, efficient strategies for existing/new research processes.
- You are up to date on the latest industry standards in user research and UX.
- Ability to mentor Jr Designers.
- Practice forward-thinking visioning for the future of user experience.
- Be a valued, respected and respectful representative of the UX Team.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design processes.
- Analyzing and interpreting interaction metrics into insights (experience with Google Analytics or Full Story is preferred).
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience planning and facilitating user research (including user interviews and survey design) and usability studies (live or remote) across multiple products.
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to conduct workshops to gather journey maps and experience details.
- Experienced using tools such as OmniGraffle or Axure for wireframing and light prototyping.
- Experience with tools such as Silverback and Morae for usability testing.
- Familiarity with Common front-end frameworks and compatible design patterns.
- The ability to sketch and generate big-picture ideas for early-stage UX work.
- Ability to seek opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical; the ability to think through user problems, translate into reasonable design recommendations.
- Effective interpersonal communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed.
- Knowledge of the Agile development process.
- Experience working with remote team members on different time zones.
- The ability to effectively communicate with architects/developers/engineers.
**Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's Culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. . Corporate Citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter Tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you o your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.