CoStar Risk Analytics, is currently looking for an Underwriting Analyst to join the growing Boston based team. Located in Boston, MA, we work with market participants across the commercial real estate (CRE) lending spectrum. Collectively, CoStar Risk Analytics' tools, in conjunction with CoStar granular data, provide lenders with the ability to better target business, appropriately price loans, make informed approval of credits, actively manage their portfolio with robust stress testing and surveillance measures, assess refinance risk, and execute within a disciplined framework. Clients include many of the industry's largest banks, asset managers, hedge funds and life insurers as well as government and rating agencies.Responsibilities:
The Underwriting Analyst is responsible for re-underwriting CMBS Loans on a daily basis as new information becomes available, and supporting the design & development of an underwriting software solution. In this role, the successful incumbent will deliver exceptionally underwritten loans, analysis, thought leadership to underwriting and CMBS innovation.
This person will have the following responsibilities:
Desired Characteristics and Skills:
- Re-underwriting CMBS Loans on a daily basis as new information becomes available from CoStar or INTEX, and communicating the impact of those changes to the proper stakeholders.
- Contribute to the ongoing design and development of Costar's CMBS platform.
- Support the CMBS business with subject matter expertise.
- Provide clients with regular written updates on the CMBS industry.
- Contribute to the thought leadership of an underwriting solution.
- Provide in depth summary reports of all due diligence for internal use or to support clients.
- 2+ years of Commercial Mortgage Loan underwriting experience.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of rent rolls, operating statements, appraisal reports, market reports etc.
- Experience with Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity and understanding of modern new business and underwriting platforms and solutions available in the industry in a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, business writing and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, Microsoft Power BI or other business intelligence and analysis software would be a plus.
- Experienced user of CoStar, Bloomberg, Intex, and/or Trepp is a plus.
- BS Degree in Economics, Finance, Real Estate, Accounting or other related field.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing