Position Summary: Technical Project Manager responsible for leading the effort required to transition multiple EOL/EOS enterprise-level health care delivery, mobile technology solutions supporting voice, data, and clinical applications from legacy platforms to a single converged device and associated infrastructure.
Clearance Requirement: Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; must also successfully complete Maryland Department of Transportation fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check (CHRC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary technical liaison coordinating the development, implementation, and test of required system integrations with clinicians, system owners, vendors, and system-wide stakeholders.
- Plan, organize, and manage required efforts to complete the following overarching tasks:
- Scoping of Projects: Manage on-site assessments and elicitation, definition and documentation of functional, performance, and support requirements for required voice, data and clinical application integrations.
- Testing, Validation and Verification: Coordinate and manage collaborations of Telecom, Mobility, Nursing Informatics, Clinical Engineering, BioMed, and vendor teams to complete required on-site, end-to-end testing, validation and verification of applicable Cerner communication-stack applications (ConnectVoice, Event Management, Messenger).
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM): Manage CUCM implementation, integration, and test activities.
- Mobile Device Management: Manage AirWatch configuration control and profile deployments.
- Test Management: Managing testing of Cerner applications with Nursing Informatics and BioMed Teams (on-site at hospitals).
- Deployment Support: Manage deployment and go-live of Cerner applications with Nursing teams (on site at hospitals).
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to client success; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment- free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Oral and Written Communication – Speaks and writes clearly authoritatively, and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- CompTIA Mobility+, Network+
- Cisco CCNP Voice, Wireless
- VMware Workforce Mobility (VCA-WM)
- Google Associate Android Developer
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
Background and Experience: Two to four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) or similar telephony soft-switch technology
- Familiar with Zebra TC51 or comparable mobile computer technologies
- Familiar with AirWatch (Workspace One) or comparable end-user device management technologies
- Familiarity with Nursing and acute care patient monitoring and alerting technologies and/or health IT experience at the enterprise level
- Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Professional appearance and demeanor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand; frequently required to walk and sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Veterans/Disabled