At UWM, finding a better way is something we do every day. T he Unified Communications Architect is responsible for driving the evolution of the Unified Communication portfolio of services, including its oversight and continued transformation.
This role holds significant responsibility for providing robust and scalable technology platforms to ensure the ongoing performance of UWM systems. This role will be focused on setting standards, designs and implementation of IT network and associated management tools. The Unified Communications Architect will work with other architecture roles in the company as well as Project Managers.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required:
- Developing short and long-term strategic Unified Communication technology roadmaps, backed by logical designs that support our enterprise technology roadmaps and key business objectives
- Establishing a consistent and progressive strategy and architecture for Unified Communications, exploiting new market opportunities as appropriate.
- Partner with the UC Engineers to strategically plan, develop and drive implementation of new initiatives to enhance the business.
- Provide oversight and direction of documentation standards for the UC Team
- Defines, reviews, and maintains detailed hardware/software technical standards, especially related to design, installation, configuration, management, and maintenance of voice systems
- Provides ongoing information to leadership and peers regarding the general health of the environment, as well as enhancements and innovations
- Drive services improvements via metrics, root cause analysis, problem management
- Act as a technical advisor and work seamlessly with internal business teams, supplier partners, end-users, and solution providers to ensure processes and tools are in place and/or are followed to meet business needs and support the environment.
- Work with vendors to secure quotes for hardware and software requirements
- Identify optimization and automation opportunities, develop rollout and upgrade plans
- Provide guidance, support, training, and mentoring UC Engineers in areas of expertise
- 8+ years' experience with Cisco voice and video technologies including; Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Packaged Contact Center Enterprise
- Experience with deploying call recording platforms
- Functional knowledge of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, LAN/WAN/MAN topologies
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Team-focused approach to work
- Highly organized and have clear, concise communication skills
- Computer-related degree or equivalent experience
- Onsite, full-time attendance
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- ITIL operational awareness and understanding
- CCNP, CCDP or CCIE (Unified Communications / Collaboration / Voice) or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience in Network Engineering a plus
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!