Meridian Cooperative is looking for a Linux/Unix Systems Engineer II to support our DevOps team in our Dunwoody, GA office.
The company was formed in 1976 by a group of Electric Membership Cooperatives with a vision for a single enterprise solution provider to serve data processing, IT, and operational needs to cooperatives, public utility districts, and municipal utilities. Through carefully curated acquisitions and partnerships, our company has unified multiple leading-edge companies under its umbrella in order to truly execute that vision. Today, the Meridian Co-op Suite serves over 500 utilities across the country with industry leading enterprise software solutions.
We are a leader in creating innovative software solutions for the utility industry. We are home to a diverse group of developers, designers, analysts, instructors, and a dedicated support team. We are always looking for talented and energetic people to add to our team!
Designs, develops, supports, and maintains the organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software. Makes updates to system related installation documentation. Performs end-user support.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and ower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support to System Administrators and management support
- Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or a related subject
- 2 to 4 years of experience - Unix/Linux
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) and/or AWS Solutions Architect Associate recommended
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux and/or Windows based environments.
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (i.e. IIS, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, etc.)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (i.e. VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, RHEV, and Nutanix AHV)
- Advanced experience with monitoring systems (Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, etc)
- Advanced experience with automation software (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Advanced scripting skills (i.e. Windows PowerShell, bash shell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Guided by our Vision 2025 strategy, our leaders have developed 5 stretch goals to achieve a best-in-class organization for our members, customers, and employees.
It is a priority that our future team member embraces these goals and demonstrate the behaviors to guide the company to realize success:
- Act as One Unified Company
- Put Our Members/Customers First in All We Do
- Be Known for Our Innovative Products and People
- Grow our Reputation and Market Share
- Compete on Culture
- Competitive medical benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life
- 401(k) with up to 9% in company contributions after one year
- $4,000 for tuition reimbursement
- Wellness reimbursement plan and volunteer days
Meridian Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
*Unfortunately we cannot sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this position.