Would you like to get away from the 8 to 5 grind? Here's your chance to try a 4day weekend, working three overnight 13-hour days! Make your weekends LONGER. Our client has a modern high tech environment with lots to learn and great coworkers. Expertise in Level 2 Unix Support required. AIX or Jboss a plus.
Part of a team that provides 24x7 infrastructure support. Provide tier 2 support for incident, request and change tickets for a wide range of technologies, including Unix/Linux, Database, and Web infrastructure. This is a technical position requiring the ability to work in a production environment. The team will provide a link between the Service Desk (Level 1) and the technology specialists (Level 3). Sorry no work visa sponsorship available for this c-h position.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities (Ability to learn crucial!)
· Troubleshoots and resolves incident, problem and request tickets according to established Service Level Agreements and departmental service standards.
· Provides technical support for Linux, Web Infrastructure technologies.
· Executes change control tickets, as assigned.
· Escalates issues to technology specialists to resolve complex problems, as needed.
· May communicate with internal associates or external vendors to gather information or resolve incidents.
· Performs ticket administration to document and track incident, request, problem and change tickets.
· Provides regular, clear and concise updates to tickets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Storage, Web Infrastructure technologies.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to learn multiple technologies.
· Ability to develop, review and follow documented procedures.
· Ability to work within deadlines and work under pressure.
· Ability to prioritize work.
· Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· 4+ years experience in Unix/Linux, Storage, Web infrastructure technologies. Database and Windows knowledge also a plus.
· Experience working in a large production environment preferred (2000+ servers)