Job Title: QA Automation Duration : Full Time/Direct Hire Location: Beavercreek, OH
Client is currently seeking QA Automation Engineer. The Automation Test Engineer will work closely with the developers to ensure that they are writing testable code, and then to develop the automated tests. The ideal candidate will be a professional, energetic, motivated self-starter that is able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Additionally, the candidate must be a team player who is able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must be willing to work on site in the Dayton OH area on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Testing the functionality of the solution to ensure that the application is working correctly.
- Conducting automated and manual regression testing against all test cases to ensure that new code, functionality, or new releases have not introduced errors to existing functionality.
- Testing the system capabilities to ensure functionality, interoperability, and data validation across distributed components in the system.
- Constructing regularly scheduled automated testing on source code that is checked into a code repository to ensure build integrity and compliance with coding patterns/practices.
- Conducting testing (either automated or manual) to take code from a code repository and exercise it to ensure that it can be compiled and released to a working environment.
- Conducting manual or automated testing to ensure compliance with applicable compliance standards.
- Working closely with various members of the requirements, development, test and deployment teams to develop, enhance, and maintain the necessary quality for solutions and CI/CD testing capability.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Five (5) plus years of experience with automated and manual software testing
- Two (2) plus years of supervising automated and manual software test operations
- Bachelor's degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write and execute manual and automated test scripts to support a Selenium automation script library
- Knowledge of the latest automated and test methodologies
- Strong understanding of acceptance testing, test case development, execution of test procedures
- Experience with or aptitude for coding automated test scripts using tools such as QTP/UFT and/or Selenium
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others
- Experience with Visio, Jira, GitLab and SQL
- Experience with C#
- Understand test driven development and be able to code automated tests in C# for .NET apps
- Agile experience
- Programming experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Science, Engineering