Title: User Experience Designer - Interaction Design
Location: San Jose, CA
Who You'll Work With:
Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group is the leader in communication and collaboration. Ranging from Telepresence, VoIP, Video and Software Collaboration solutions. CTG is uniquely positioned to bring software, hardware and the necessary infrastructure together to achieve the best cohesive User Experience for our customers. That means your work will transform our customers' businesses from every angle
You will be part of a growing User Experience (UX) team that is driving a user-centered design process into the group to develop usable, useful, and visually compelling collaboration management tools
What You'll Do:
Bring your knowledge of building great user experiences and take it to a new level as you dive in and help us build the future of collaboration
* Identify user interface requirements; help define project approach and user experience strategy
* Work with user researchers to design, observe, and analyze field studies
* Conduct heuristic evaluations on existing products
* Set conceptual design and suggest product direction based on field research and functional requirements
* Define the user interaction model and workflows
* Work with visual designers to refine the interactive experience and produce designs consistent with Cisco's brand
* Develop prototypes ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to high-fidelity designs (using HTML, Keynote, Flash or After Effects) that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to ensure user success
* Develop User Interface Specifications and Guidelines
* Work closely with (local and remote) engineers to implement and deliver the final product
* Facilitate project communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
Who You Are:
* In-depth understanding of user interface design principles
* 5+ years of relevant experience designing user interfaces
* Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Human Factors, Industrial Design, or related field
* Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks
* Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
* Must communicate clearly and effectively; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
* Comfortable working in Sketch, Photoshop, Keynote, or another prototyping tool
* Working knowledge of Flash, HTML, Web Tool kits, and motion graphics software a plus
* Experience designing for complex web applications is a bonus
* Experience building a design language and system
Ready to Change the World
* Make sure to include a link to your portfolio which clearly shows your
* ability to craft delightful experiences.
* Please note, this is not a marketing/communications design opportunity. Only candidates with previous experience designing applications will be considered.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
@ciscoCareers is #hiring #WeAreCisco # User Experience Designer # Interaction Design #HTML #Web applications #Networking #Linux #Networking technologies