The UX Designer works directly with product teams to create satisfying experiences for users of a product, often drawing on results from user research and usability testing. Working alongside their team, the UX Designer will be responsible for:
- Participating in design, analysis and testing of software in an environment that utilizes both custom developed and third party purchased tools.
- Leads user-centered design activities with teams, including but not limited to usability studies, personas, journey maps, etc., to gather true user feedback.
- Analyzes research results, and present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and project teams to create better user experiences.
- In-depth knowledge of WCAG and Accessibility guidelines and standards.
- Ensuring that the UX team is staying ahead of product needs and finding new ways of supporting a constantly evolving set of requirements.
- Helping to develop and evangelize UX best practices and incorporating them into the products we build.
- Designing for a variety of platforms, which may include internet and intranet sites, mobile apps, and desktop apps. Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand, remaining invested in a project until completion.
- Preparing rough drafts and presenting ideas, be willing to share work in progress.
- Contribute to and assist with maintenance of corporate design system that is used for a variety of platforms.
You will be expected to:
- Maintain proficiency with design and research software used at WWT, including Figma, Adobe tools, UserZoom Go and DScout.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills, candidate must be able to clearly communicate ideas and be an advocate for user experience.
- All candidates will be required to show a portfolio of past work.
- Be self-motivated to ask questions and find creative solutions to business problems.
- Deliver work on time and meet deadlines.
- Enjoy collaboration, with a preference for face-to-face communication, be open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Take complex ideas and communicate them clearly and concisely.
- Distill ambiguous customer requests into concrete requirements.
- Display leadership qualities, mentor and assist other designers on the team.
- Exhibit a passion for design and learn continually.
Candidates should have minimum 3 years of experience with the following knowledge, skills, and attributes to be successful: Job Requirements:
- Excellent design skills; typography, layout, color theory.
- Familiarity with design and research software and technologies.
- Ability to conduct user research and testing, heuristic evaluations, recognize usability patterns and promote best practices.
- Ability to take an idea from concept to wireframe, receive feedback from peers, developers and stakeholders, and turn it into a final prototype.
- Be open and able to react to critique and feedback from peers and stakeholders.
- Nice-to-have skills: front-end code knowledge, drawing or creative skills.
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus.