San Jose, CA
What You'll Do
· Identify research areas through close collaboration with cross functional members of the product team.
· Take responsibility for the coordination, planning, prioritization and execution of user research projects.
· Work closely with a team of Product Managers and Engineers to create an intuitive, cohesive and seamless user experience across all products.
· Build the practice of research in the team and build tools and methods to enable team members to use these assets effectively.
· Advocate and be the voice of Cisco’s customers in the Company’s product development process.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a design team responsible for building new infrastructure products and services for our collaboration solutions. You will have the opportunity to bring your knowledge of building great user experiences and take it to a new level as you dive in and help us build the future of communication and collaboration.
Who You Are
Experience & Qualifications
· 5+ years UX research design for consumer or enterprise web applications.
· A track record of success communicating and driving a research vision.
· Experience collaborating with senior executives to understand business objectives; ability to present research objectives, process and vision to senior leadership.
· Expertise in defining and implementing user experience guidelines; demonstrated experience with industry/platform standards.
· Project management experience; experience with various research methodologies and processes.
· Master level degree or work experience equivalent in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science or Digital Design.
Professional and Personal Attributes
· Proven track record in running research projects throughout all phases, as well as coordinating research projects with freelancers, agencies and other third parties.
· Demonstrable knowledge in usability testing, customer interviews, ethnographic observation and other relevant methods of quantitative and qualitative research; experience with cutting-edge research techniques.
· Ability to synthesize and communicate results clearly.
· Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Independent and self-motivated.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.