We are currently seeking an innovative, passionate, business-oriented UI Design Manager to direct and cultivate the creation of a new visual experience for public-facing digital banking platforms.
This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization and build a team to design websites that will be seen and used by millions of people.
To succeed in this role, you need to be an extremely organized team leader and able to build a fully-fledged team that will work to transform business goals into a definitive and compelling experience for our clients.
This is very much a coaching' position. We are looking for an individual who is excited about expanding their current skillset and experience as part of a fast-paced, multi-functional team as well as encouraging teammates to live up to their potential.
- Provide thought leadership through digital brand management that align with our vision, mission and goals.
- Define the creative directions for new platforms.
- Present design team solutions and innovations to senior leadership.
- Oversee creation, maintenance and evolution of our digital style guides.
- Interview, hire and retain the highest skilled teammates.
- Define individual goals for each team member and coach/mentor to exceed expectations.
- Lead research on existing and emerging digital technologies to improve knowledge and workflow efficiency.
- Stay abreast of web design trends, educate team, and share with stakeholders
- Collaborate with teammates across multiple locations
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media or equivalent education and related training
- Five or more years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience (interface or interaction design), digital consulting, digital product/program management
- Two or more years of leadership experience or demonstrated strong leadership and mentoring qualities
- Excel in multiple core competencies such as visual design, user experience, front-end development, leadership, communication and problem solving
- Expert experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and graphic design
- Strong understanding of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) guidelines and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Ability to write source code for advanced HTML and CSS for cross-browser development
- Impeccable communication skills. Able to present complex topics in a simple and compelling manner
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- Master's degree in Design, Computer Science or related field
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)