Please note that this is an 8 months+ contract position.
Candidates need Public Trust Clearance
Works with Data Scientist in visualizing data analysis results. Brings specific expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools to present results in spatial, geographic formats.
Note: Must be onsite in Herndon, VA, Washington, DC and possible other localities.
(To be confirmed by Hiring Manager)
• 5+ years developing GIS based applications
• Advanced working skills in programming with SQL or Oracle.
• 3+ years of experience developing user interaction for data analytics/business intelligence solutions
• 5+ years of experience in systems analysis and working closely with business customer
• Experience with Subversion (or other code management tools), code versioning and change management concepts
• Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
• Experience with requirements definition and specifications design
• Able to design and build systems that are integrated with other client systems
• Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development
• Experience with GIS
• Advanced working skills with IBM WebSphere and/or Oracle WebLogic technologies
• Experience with JSF (RichFaces/PrimeFaces)
• Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
• Able to adhere to client development standards
• Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
• Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
For consideration, please reference job number 2165.