The Cisco IoT business group, formed from the post-acquisition integration of Cisco Jasper and Cisco IoT software and service businesses is a global leader in IoT. We have been delivering industry-shaping IoT solutions for more than a decade, from Control Center, the world’s leading IoT connectivity management platform, to the newest addition to our portfolio, Cisco Kinetic, an IoT platform that gives companies groundbreaking new ways to unlock the value of their IoT data. We have extensive opportunities in multiple market segments, connected car chief among them. More than 50 of the world’s leading automotive brands use Control Center to manage their customers’ connected car experiences, including remote diagnostics, safety-security services, infotainment applications and multi-party business models. And we continue to innovate to enable these companies to capitalize on the growth autonomous vehicles, and new applications such as car-sharing and transportation-as-a-service.
What You'll Do
This Industry Principal role will work cross-functionally across product business units, sales, services and alliances to lead IOT for the Utilities Industry vertical and utility industry solution development for Cisco. As the company industry expert for utilities, this leader will represent Cisco with industry analysts and press, speak at customer and industry events, and drive the development of new industry thought leadership and solutions. Leveraging past utility customer expertise, this leader will identity and prioritize new solution use cases working closely with the Cisco product business units,, identify and recruit critical industry ecosystem partners, and create and work cross-functionally to drive business growth and revenues. This leader will also help to drive key lighthouse utility customer deals working with the sales teams, write new sales and solution collateral working with the marketing team, and help to train and enable the Cisco sales and services teams working closely with other teams at Cisco.
Who You'll Work With
This role will directly lead a solution team and dotted line lead and work with the Utility industry validated design, product, services, and sales teams. This leader will interact with customers and key partner organizations from the CXO level to technical expert level.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- 12+ Years of experience in business development in the utility industry
- 5+ years of negotiating experience (project development, partner agreements, JV’s, strategic sales deals, etc.)
- Experience in bid responses
- Experience or deep knowledge of the utility industry
- Experience presenting to C-Suite, Trade Shows, Customers about technology solutions
- Experience in AR/PR/marketing communications with focus on industrial businesses
- Track record of solution development
- Ability to create financial models and forecasts
- Ability to travel extensively
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills; track record of driving cross-functional teams and impact
- Strong knowledge of utility industry careabouts and solution and technical trends to enable
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134