Position: VB .Net developer
Duration: 4+ Months (with possible extension)
Location: Pierre, SD or Remote
- Update and modify the FACIS application by writing code in VB.Net 4.x
- Update existing reports, and develop new SSRS and PowerBI Paginated Reports
- Convert Crystal Reports to SSRS or PowerBI Paginated Reports
- Create ad-hoc SQL queries and Stored Procedures
- As a member of the technical team, participate in planning and status meetings.
- As a member of the technical team, assist other team members when needed.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years experience in systems development.
- 5+ years experience programming in VB.NET 4.x
- 5+ years experience in programming in TSQL
- 5+ years experience in SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 3+ years experience developing SSRS reports, Power BI Paginated Reports, or Crystal reports.
- 3+ years experience in application development using AGILE methodology.
- Excellent communications skills;
- Professional demeanor communicates with stakeholders in a friendly, unbiased and professional manner;
- Ability to identify and communicate technical issues, both verbally and written;
- Ability to develop recommendations and facilitate resolution of technical issues with the DSS/CPS FACIS team.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with DSS and BIT staff;
- Ability to work within a demanding project environment;
- Candidates must be able to pass a background security check (including fingerprinting).
The successful candidate should have the following knowledge and experience for this position:
- Proficient in Relational Database: Design, Creation, Optimization.
- Proficient in the development of Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, and SSRS;
- Knowledgeable in the conversion of Crystal Reports to SSRS or PowerBI Paginated Reports;
- Experience in translating non-technical client requirements into information technology solutions;
- Experience in unit and functional testing on developed applications;
- Familiar with SDLC concepts;
- Familiar with Agile and/or SCRUM development methodologies;
- Ability to perform these functions with minimal supervision;