Security Clearance: Must be eligbile to obtain a government clearance.
We are looking for a Research Scientist for VLSI design, Circuit Simulations and Foundry Interface
The Application Specific Intelligent Computing (ASIC) Research Lab is seeking a VLSI design
and development scientist with experience in:
(1) design and simulation of SRAM (single port or multi-port)
(2) with knowledge of ASIC/custom design flow, Stating Timing Analysis and Parasitic Extraction
(3) comprehensive understanding of methodologies of timing closure, design-for-test, signal integrity closure, DFM closure, physical verification, deep sub-micron issues
(4) Experience in various timing (STA), DFT, Noise, P&R, DRC/VLS
(5) working experience with semiconductor foundries. The research will include work on 22 nm FDSOI or 12 nm FINFET technology nodes
(6) physical characterization and debugging of fabricated chips. The candidate will work with internal and external research and foundry partners to prototype novel homomorphic encryption integrated chip solutions. Requirements: • Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, or related field with experience in design, fabrication,
and/or characterization of VLSI circuits
• Knowledge of SRAM and understanding of non-volatile memory technologies
• Experience with design and circuit simulation tools such as cadence or synopsis.
• Must have experience in scripting, Verilog HDL, design compilers, formal verification tools, design for test, Automatic test pattern generation, place and route tool, clock insertion, Static timing analysis tools, Schematics and layout editors, physical design verification, parasitic extraction tools based on Synopsis or Cadence or Mentor graphics.
• Experience in tapeout of the designs in advanced technology foundries.
• Knowledge of electrical characterization techniques and advanced packaging techniques is desirable.
• Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently and in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, program management experience, and ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated ability to meet business deadlines.
• Experience in benchmarking and articulate the value proposition of the photonics
• Experience with technology transfer to the industry.