Apex Systems is seeking a VMware Server Administrator for a fortune 500 company in Cleveland, OH for a long term contract. The Server Administrator will work extensively in the server environment providing support for server and storage equipment located at customer sites. The support will be performed remotely. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team that has tripled over the past 5 years! Please send resumes to Title:
Systems Administrator (VMware) Location:
Cleveland, OH Length:
6 month contract to hire Must have skills/Experience:
Professional Experience with:
- ESX- 5.5 or 5.0, 6
- Deep VMware experience
- Microsoft Clustering
- ASA Firewalls
- Remote VM support
- Excellent customer service
Highly desired Skills:
- Deep experience providing remote VMware support and troubleshooting for external manufacturing customers.
- Build professional rapport with commercial customers who use the clients system
- Working with Microsoft ACL table (file/folder permissions)
- Working with Active Directory Architecture
- Performance monitoring techniques on server software and hardware
- Work remotely on server hardware and software issues
- Using VMware ESX 2.5x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
- System administration in a manufacturing environment.
- Support of window server 2008R2 and 2012
- VMware ESX administration. (vSphere and vCenter)
- Automation experience( FactoryTalk, SCATA, HMI or PLC)
- Understanding of ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NEC and NIST standards.
- Experienced in ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: PLC, SCADA, HMI, EtherNet/IP, especially programming, troubleshooting, design and installation.
Additional job duties:
- Experience with multiple types of server and storage hardware.
- Discrete servers and Blade servers
- Storage Area Networks
- Experience with Active Directory tools and utilities.
- VMWare management console.
- Understanding of EMC SAN Storage hardware
- Familiarity with network and san switching technologies
- Good English reading, writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a round-the-clock, global operation 7 days x 24 hours
- Strict adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Displays strong teamwork skills. Enjoys working in a team.
- Builds productive vendor relationships.
- Able to document and present to management on different types of issues.
- Able to work with internal and external customers on issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Takes ownership of learning about server and storage technologies.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to work with internal and external customers in a professional and effective manner.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at