Please note I have direct access to the Hiring SVP of Architecture on this position.
Note: Until the Covid-19 virus is contained, all interviews will be performed via phone and/or video and all work will be performed remotely.
6-12 Month Contract to Hire
A leading global Financial Services Company is looking for a VMware Administrator. The company has been in business for 50+ years, has 2700+ employees, has $800+ in net income and has $2 Trillion in assets.\
The VMware Administrator will perform VMware system administration and system management duties for the entire VMware Virtual Infrastructure of 1000+ virtual servers. The VMware Administrator will support the physical infrastructure consisting of two primary Data Centers and a Disaster Recovery site
Specific responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, manage, administer, patch/upgrade and troubleshoot entire VMware ESXi v6.7 Virtual Infrastructure utilizing vCenter v6.7 and vSphere v6.5
- Utilize VMware ESXi v6.x type-1 Hypervisor (not a Hyper-V Shop) to deploy and serve virtual servers
- Support implementation, configuration, operations and maintenance of VMware components to include VMware SRM for disaster recovery and business continuity, VMware VDI for desktop virtualization and NSX-V for vSphere and NSX-T for Transformers for networking and security
- Research, design, build out and deploy a plan for VMware infrastructure expansion including risk analysis, technical specifications and requirements, capacity management, vendor analysis, documentation and implementation
- Write PowerShell, vCLI and/or PowerCLI scripts to automate tasks
- If candidates technical background allows: Provide backup support for EMC SAN and/or NetApp NAS.
The VMware Administrator reports to the SVP of Systems Architecture
- MUST HAVE 5-10+ years’ experience installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting VMware Virtual Infrastructure with 500+ virtual servers utilizing vSphere and vCenter Server
- Experience utilizing VMware ESXi v6.x Hypervisor to deploy and serve virtual computers
- Experience writing vCLI and/or PowerCLI to automate tasks
- The following are a Plus only (NOT Mandatory):
- Any experience with VMware VDI, SRM, NSX-V and/or NSX-T
- Any experience supporting a SAN and/or NAS is a plus (NetApp, HPE, Dell, EMC, etc.)
- VMware VCP Certification
- Any experience in an AWS Cloud environment
Once converted to an FTE permanent employee, the company offers Bonus, full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, 4 weeks of paid vacation, paid sick days, matching 401K, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment. Management is known for encouraging work life balance.