Position : VMware Systems Engineer
Location : Crystal City, VA
Contract Term: Full Time Position
Our Client is currently seeking a Systems Engineer with a minimum of 3 years in building, supporting, and managing VMware environments.
• Top Secret Clearance required (SCI Clearable)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with the implementation and administration of VMware enterprise products, specifically VMware vSphere 5.5 and 6.x.
• Working knowledge using and configuring VMWare Operations Manager, vRealize, and Orchestrator preffered
• Experience with fundamental IT technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, PXE, Group Policy, etc.
• Familiarity with Enterprise Network and Storage technologies preferred.
• Strong presentation, client interaction, and communication skills.
• Ability to observe, detect, identify, and neutralize complex technical challenges and communicate resolutions in a clear, concise and complete manner.
• Provide root cause analysis of critical problems.
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2. Group Policy and Active Directory management. Working knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, scripting, hardware, and backup technologies.
• Knowledge of network architectures and data communication protocols including: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize simultaneous high visibility customer projects and issues.
• Utilize vCenter to proactively identify and resolve potential issues in a Virtualized Windows Server environment.
• Strong writing/documentation skills – providing technical documentation and recommendations.
• Certifications preferred – VCP 5 or later.
• Experience in consulting and/or a professional services environment is preferred.
• Ability to work as part of a team supporting an enterprise virtualization solution.
• Ability to work Monday – Friday business hours (8am – 5pm), with a monthly afterhours maintenance window.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years of IT experience including IT services and support.
• 3+ years of VMware virtualization experience is a must.