Job Title: VMware Lead Virtual Desktop Engineer
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Duration: 6 Months Contract
The Virtualization Engineer will be a Virtualization Certified Professional (VCP). This professional will join the Virtualization Operations team to assist in installing, configuring, and managing the
Virtual Infrastructure for the client. This role will interact directly with other members of the virtualization team, OS administrators, and developers to assist in the ongoing day-to-day management of the
environment. They will be expected to regularly exercise independent judgment, as well as a high level of analytic skill in solving complex technical problems for the client in the Virtual Infrastructure.
They will have relevant virtualization experience in enterprise environments. They will have an understanding and ability to add meaningful input to technical design and architecture discussions. Lead
Virtualization Engineer will have experience creating and maintaining project plans and monitoring/notifying of critical failures or potential missed milestones. Provide action plans for resolution of any/all
faults detect. They will provide documentation of all solutions to problems and document all application guidelines and issues. Develop recommendations and create and update procedures for
implementation of new hardware/software products, suitable for presentations.
SCOPE: Responsible for support of the virtual desktop environment used for business mission critical applications including Claims Processing, Enrollment, Financial and 250+ other applications. The
Lead Virtualization Engineer is accountable for departmental results and ensuring 99.98% availability. Accountability for the virtual desktop environment includes 350 VMware ESX and 32 IBM P-series
servers, 2100 Windows virtual machines, 700 Linux and 900 AIX virtual machines, 1500 virtual desktops, 3500 Citrix desktops connecting to 12+ petabytes of EMC, Pure and NetApp storage. Lead
Virtualization Engineer will install, configure and manage the VMware vSphere environment: vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, data store creation and maintenance. Design and
implement Enterprise VMware Environment and maintain virtualized architecture using vCenter. Provide advance troubleshooting support and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure.
Be a primary contact for diagnosing problems on ESXi hosts; troubleshooting technology issues, using various resources; document lessons learned. Develop and create automation to implement best
practices for the virtualization environment. Follow policies and procedures for Change and Incident Management. Document virtualization environment and keep documents updated per the
configuration management plan. Ensure ongoing operation of systems/applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs and technology-related business processes, and end user support
as needed. Health- performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture and participate in rotational System Administration On Call support roster
* Virtualization certification (i.e. VMware certifications: VCA, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX)
* COMPTIA Security +
* 5+ years* extensive administrative experience in VMware virtual infrastructure.
* 5+ years* hands-on experience deploying VMware vSphere, Horizon View, vCenter, vCorps, etc. in an enterprise environment.
* 5+ years* in-depth knowledge of diagnosing and resolving vSphere performance issues.
* 5+ years* experience working with storage systems including SAN (FC FCoE), NAS (CIFS and NFS), PURE, EMC and NetApp.
* 5+ years* experience working with windows technologies and design (Domain Controllers, IIS, & clustering).
* Working knowledge of Dell EMC VXRail
* Working knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, Linux server experience.
* Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
* Strong communications and collaboration skills.
* After Hours, On-Call support required.
* Incumbent must possess excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written), Ability to multi task.
* Provide Executive, Development, Engineering and QA client solutions. Anticipate Executive requirements and take proactive action in preparation.
* Organization and time management skills, and very good analytical skills.
* Experience in and understanding of an Information Technology environment is necessary.
* Troubleshooting and prioritization skills are very important ability to think outside the box.
* Threat management and remediation
* Software distribution and packaging with AppVolumes and ThinApp
* Thin Client and Remote Agent Support using associated tools
* Change and release management using Team track
* Client performance, monitoring and bench marking
* Ability to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation, and project management.
* Technical leader, lead project management experience
* Self-motivated and adaptable to change.
* Ability to adapt quickly to fast and changing IT environment
* Ability to multitask.
Vrops, VMware monitoring tools
Since interviews are conducted through Phone and in-person, you must be able to interview at your own expense for in-person interview at Owings Mills, MD area.
Consultants can mail resumes in word format with contact details, rate information to email@example.com
Appreciate your quick response in this matter.
Thanks & Regards,
T: (703) 636-3571 | F: (703) 439-2642
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.zolon.com |
CMMI ML-3| ISO 20000| ISO 27001