A Leading investment Bank in Tempe, Arizona is looking for a full-time, permanent, employee for a VP/ AWS CLOUD Migration Engineer:
Lead design and buildout of the new Bank s migration effort to the AWS Cloud. This is part of a multi-year, Transformation Program. The model creates a repeatable process from design through automated provisioning with the objective to reduce operational costs and complexity and provide a scalable, secure and compliant platform.
- Lead migration of existing infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS cloud
- Serve as an architect, administrator and support the migration from in-house Virtual Environment to AWS Cloud
- Work with Development teams to provide a framework for building, testing and packaging their code in a consistent, reusable way.
- Develop and implement various phases of technology solutions on Cloud
- Work closely with the application teams to optimize integration between the software and infrastructure
- Provide solution implementation support for application moving to cloud;
- Provide application and technology support for virtual environment (in-house and cloud) and create project-based lifecycle user documentation
- Develops orchestration workflows, templates or scripts to deploy, configure or update cloud services and related components including OS, utilities, agents or other software used within the cloud infrastructure
- Develops integration workflows or scripts to exchange data with other management systems or applications
- Design and enhance SCM repository on Stash, GIT, BitBucket
- Support full SDLC for both Waterfall and Agile
- Work with engineering teams to ensure systems architecture provides for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
- Assists the cloud operations team members through the service lifecycle to the release of cloud service offerings into production
- Develops automated configuration and compliance controls and related remediation tasks
- Hands-On Experience with, AWS Cloud provisioning, application deployment and data migration
- Experience with SCM/Documentation/Project Management systems such as GitHub/GitLab/Stash/Accurev, JIRA, and Confluence
- Strong scripting experience with Power Shell, Ansible, Java/Python
- Experience with Active Directory/LDAP integration of Linux servers experience with log management systems such as Splunk
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Guide troubleshooting, debugging, and solution design and implementation skills
- Extensive experience designing large-scale distributed systems with a deep understanding of design impacts on performance, reliability, operations, and security.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, debugging, and performance tuning at all levels (OS, network, application, database, and network) within large scale distributed systems
- Extensive experience in shell scripting/programming skills, systems provisioning, automation, and configuration management tools
- Ability to design and operate high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions
- Ability to design applications on AWS taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS
- Experience in AWS Networking - Direct Connect/VPC, NACL's, security groups, etc.,
- Ability to work closely with business to understand and incorporate non-functional requirements in the application architecture
- Excellent relationship and partnership building skills with customers, vendors, peers, and upper management, within and across organizational boundaries
- Highly energetic focus on constant learning and keen interest in new technologies
- Ability to work in a highly regulated industry with strict compliance and governance policies
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Innovative and ability to think creatively for creative problem solving
- Results oriented
- Mentors and coaches colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in multi-functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines is a requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- AWS associate certifications or higher preferred
- Bachelor s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working as an infrastructure engineer using large scale cloud infrastructure
- Coding in PowerShell, Python, Ruby, JSON, etc
- Minimum 1 year experience with automated application deployment and configuration toolsets : Jenkins Pipeline, Puppet
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
7+ to 10 years experience