A Top Financial Firm in Manhattan presents multiple unique opportunities (Full-Time, Permanent Employee positions) for a VP/full-time C++ Principal Engineer to join a core team responsible for
trading systems development in a high throughput, low latency trading environment. The team*s focus is on delivering the core system for the Firm*s Equity and Options markets on cutting-edge
Pillar platform. The team consists of individuals who have passion for next generation technology and are consistently striving for next level of performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Design, build and maintain high performance, high availability, high throughput yet nimble and adaptive trading platform.
* Participate in system design and architectural decisions.
* Continuously improve the system performance and propose better solutions.
* Effectively interact with business and operations for solving design and operational challenges.
Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor*s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
* 8+ year*s hands on experience in C, C++ programming language on Linux.
* Proficiency with data structures, algorithmic complexity and problem solving.
* Strong computer science fundamentals with systems knowledge.
* Minimum 2+ years hands on scripting experience.
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP and Multicast network protocols.
* Strong multithreading and performance-oriented programming skills.
Core Competencies are the skills and behaviors that are critical both to your personal performance and to the Firm*s continued success. The core competencies apply to every member of staff
working for the Firm.
* Offers time and/or assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
* Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships with others; colleagues enjoy working with the
* Shares knowledge and mentors staff; works to develop others* knowledge as well as own
* Gives and shares credit as appropriate
* Contributes to recruiting and training efforts of others, including candidate referrals, job interviews and mentoring
* Attends and participates in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office
Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
* Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions;
doesn*t minimize or forget about problems
* Determines and fixes root causes rather than just treating symptoms
* Applies novel techniques to solve problems that are more ambiguous; challenges long-held beliefs when necessary
* Quickly and effectively identifies alternative solutions and the pros/cons of each; confirms that a proposed solution has no unintended consequences
* Takes steps to mitigate risk
* Consults with colleagues and recommends solutions based on the best interests of customers and shareholders, even when the opinion is unpopular
* Actively listens and speaks to, not over, others
* Uses clear and constructive language orally and in writing
* Communicates important developments to the relevant and appropriate audiences in a timely and consistent manner
* Asks follow-up questions to ensure all points are understood
* Takes time to objectively listen to all viewpoints before forming an opinion
* Builds consensus among differing views
Professionalism & Integrity
* Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance that is consistent with company image and appropriate for
* Models a *can-do* attitude and takes initiative as a self-starter; inspires and motivates others to do the same
* Embraces, rather than resists, additional responsibilities
* Refrains from office gossip; settles rather than creates conflict with and between others
* Exhibits desired work habits including regular office hours and extra hours when necessary while minimizing breaks and non-work related activities
* Adheres to all corporate policies; makes prudent use of company resources