Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.VP Architecture (Location open to San Jose, CA or Austin, TX)
As Vice President of Enterprise Architecture, you will lead the Architecture practice for CDK Global's product offerings. You will inspire and work with a team of engineering leaders while also leading a team of high performing enterprise architects. To be successful in this role, you will bring a track record of building high-quality enterprise products, platforms, systems, and services that are highly extensible, reliable, secure, and performance at scale. You will collaborate and partner with all the Engineering and Product leadership in the company to lead the strategy, planning, adoption and execution of the architectural roadmap and ensure alignment with Architectural best practices in an Agile manner. You are a thought leader regarding what is possible and how we can achieve our goals to influence our top-level business and product goals. Ultimately, your mission is to add business value and create competitive advantage for the business through effective and efficient execution of product and technical strategy.
This role will report to the SVP of Engineering, and you will be part of a team delivering ground-breaking software products for the automotive industry. Primary Responsibilities
- Define, evolve and govern the Architectural Strategy, Roadmap and Standards for CDK Global's product offerings while ensuring that it is tightly aligned with the company's business objectives
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to influence the roadmap, architecture and design of our products
- Research industry trends and their applicability to our platform and application architecture. Help innovate and differentiate CDK Global's products from our competitors
- Evaluate M&A opportunities and influence Build vs. Buy decisions
Skills & Requirement
Define and own the definition of key non-functional requirements (security, scalability, availability, performance, maintainability, usability etc.)
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to inspire a high-performing team of architects to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models
- Evangelize the technology strategy and roadmap across the company and with key clients & partners
- Drive innovation by using innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base around cloud, web, mobile, AI/ML, microservices, big data, and API-enabled platforms and products
- Be responsible for the architectural analysis and governance of the current product offerings to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- 15+ years of experience in software product architecture, and leadership of engineering organizations driving the definition and implementation of an Enterprise-level Architectural Strategy and Roadmap
- 15+ years of demonstrated history of hiring, developing, retaining and upgrading senior technical talent including the management of globally distributed teams
- 10+ years of strong experience in architecting and developing multi-tier, service based SaaS products that could be deployed in public and private clouds
- Experience in leading transformation of legacy products to modern technologies
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate software engineering concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
Experience with due diligence of companies to partner with or acquire
- Experience with integrating with partner solutions and acquired technologies
- Experienced at modernizing legacy systems including the technical and change management aspects that accompany transformative change
- Expertise in API platforms and modern data, AI/ML, cloud technologies
Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Experience leading in an Agile/Lean environment and experience with widely adopted Agile/Lean frameworks
- Automotive industry experience is preferred
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.