Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Cloud Infrastructure Operations and Engineering, Vice President
Cloud Infrastructure Operations & Engineering, Vice Presidentis responsible for design, build, implementation, monitoring, and management of the MUFG enterprise cloud infrastructure and shared services that provide the foundation for the applications running on them. This key role will be operating across both traditional areas of infrastructure including compute, storage, networking and IaaS ensuring continuous and seamless delivery and automation of infrastructure services. He/she will be responsible for operational management with a balanced approach to quality, risk, and cost, while driving efficiency and effectiveness of the cloud platform.
- Lead design and buildout of the new MUFG cloud infrastructure in AWS environment using industry best practices
- Lead migration of existing infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS cloud
- Responsible for production and all operational aspects of the new cloud AWS infrastructure platform that will support mission critical MUFG applications
- Manage full cloud service lifecycle from release of cloud service offerings into production through the retirement thereof
- Build and maintain cloud operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis
- Work with application developers to drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud operations through automation tools and self-repair utilities
- Develop orchestration workflows, templates or scripts to deploy, configure, patch or update cloud services and related components including OS, utilities, agents or other software used
- Create processes and or tools that enhance operational workflow, support self-service catalog capability and provide positive customer impact
- Troubleshoot and own all production issues until resolution
- Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools
- Define, create, test, and execute cloud operations procedures
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to specify and document solutions an
- Minimum 10 year of experience as an IT infrastructure engineer supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization
- Familiarity with core provider services from AWS, Azure or GCP, preferably having supported deployments on one or more of these platforms; professional level certifications desired
- Minimum 3 years of experience with infrastructure design and administering software delivery tools
- Linux and/or Windows administration experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with scripting languages, infrastructure automation or configuration management
- Good understanding of modern, cloud-centric architectures and DevOps principles
- Excellent collaboration skills and a passion for problem solving, with the ability to work alternative coverage schedules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required due to the dynamic nature of collaboration with leadership, customers, and other engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.