VP, Finance and Administration
Direct Hire: Open salary based on experienceRockville, MD
The VP of Finance and Administration will provide executive, professional and ethical leadership in all financial areas including Controllership, treasury, credit and collections, financial analysis and planning. Duties will include evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. In this role, the VP of Finance and Administration will ideally have experience managing What we are looking for:
Experience and Training
- Advanced degree in Finance/Administration or CPA Certification
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to partner with the president on all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the president based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis
- Experience in the develop and manage direct staff, to include managers in finance and IT; guide larger multi-disciplinary teams outside of direct span of control. Lead with a management style that creates a corporate culture that fosters collaboration, encourages cooperation, promotes creativity, values willingness to assume prudent risk and responsibility, reflects a sense of urgency and ensures results driven work environment.
- Experience overseeing budgeting, and the implementation of budgets, so as to monitor progress and present operational metrics both internally and externally.
Skills and Abilities:
- 15+ years financial management experience including five (5) years at the Controllership level.
- 10+ years' experience supervisory experience in accounting and financial operations.
- Experience in managing the maintenance of general ledger accounts and systems.
- Experience in managing the preparation and analysis of financial statements and management reports.
- Experience in managing the preparation of budgeting and strategic planning.
- Proficient in system report writing tools and training of staff.
Who you'll work for:
- Strong general accounting skills and thorough knowledge of GAAP and FAR.
- Ability to interface with external accounting firm representative.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and display a sense of urgency based on actions required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, vendors and customers.
- Ability to manage accounting, finance, contracts, procurement and IT staff.
This organization develops and implements cyber security solutions for industrial networks. They specialize in protecting energy, utilities and government critical systems and have been doing so for over 25 years! About Strategic IT Staffing
With over 20 years of staffing experience in the technical information field, Strategic IT Staffing knows the industry well from the most rewarding jobs available to the hottest career choices to make. In addition, we are owned and operated by industry experts who have worked in the information arena for over two decades. When you choose to work through Strategic IT Staffing, you choose a team approach to employment. We match your career choice and skills with an employer who needs your knowledge and expertise. We make sure you are in control of your career. Strategic IT Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.