It's an exciting time to be in our IT department; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
This position will be located in either our San Mateo, CA, (near San Francisco, CA) office, our Plano, TX, (near Dallas, TX) office, or our Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office. The Opportunity:
The VP- Infrastructure Operations reports to the Head of Infrastructure & Operations and is responsible for delivering vital support services to the infrastructure operating environment. This position manages all support aspects of the server environment (hardware and operating system) and accompanying storage area networks. This role also manages the corporate data and voice networks ensuring timely support and availability of these services. The VP - Infrastructure Operations ensures the development, quality assurance, and production environments run smoothly and have the necessary capacity to meet future demand.
The VP- Infrastructure Operations is a leadership role with the responsibility to ensure service readiness and document reviews are conducted on infrastructure changes. This role is also responsible for the management of infrastructure deployment best practices, test strategies, and documentation, as well as assisting in operational planning and projects, including the facilitation of people management and resources.
The role requires extensive collaboration with other Infrastructure and Operations leaders to maintain alignment with technology strategy, as well as other Technology leaders to construct testing and implementation strategies and perform effective staff, infrastructure, and capability planning. The candidate must have strong communication and leadership skills, as well as executive presence. The Day-To-Day:
- Ensures all aspects of IT Infrastructure Operations are thoroughly planned, implemented and maintained effectively.
- Responsible for the overall managerial responsibility and day to day operations of the entire IT Infrastructure Operations Team.
- Leading and Managing distributed cross functional IT Operations teams, platforms and solutions across the major infrastructure areas like Systems, Virtualization, Network, Telecom, Storage, Database, Data Center, Backups, Monitoring, Security, Compliance etc.
- Managing infrastructure deployment best practices, test strategies, and documentation, including operational planning and projects, including the facilitation of people management and resourcing.
- Collaborating with other Infrastructure and Operations leaders to maintain alignment with Technology strategy.
- Review and analyze existing infrastructure and operations effectiveness and efficiency and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Manages the successful delivery of infrastructure changes in accordance to enterprise architecture standards to ensure infrastructure meets business continuity and architectural standards.
- Collaborates with relevant operational and build teams to construct testing and implementation strategies and perform effective staff, infrastructure, and capability planning.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent activities.
- Contribute to department operational planning and projects, and organize and negotiate the allocation of resources.
Why Fisher Investments:
- Minimum 15+ years of leadership experience in leading and managing an IT Infrastructure Operations environment with cross functional IT teams.
- Expertise in establishing strong governance with effective processes, procedures, utilizing key IT service management (ITSM) techniques, policies, along with establishing SLA's, KPIs and other key operational metrics.
- Establishing proactive operations, standardization efforts, and appropriate toolsets with automation and orchestration that will transform much of IT operations in all core areas.
- In-depth experience in ensuring the optimal management of the system availability, performance, and capacity management proactively for the core infrastructure areas.
- Experience in implementing and managing hybrid IT/Cloud deployments, with Strong skill sets, and knowledge with practices and procedures to accommodate hybrid IT operations.
- Establishing modern monitoring frameworks and toolsets with dashboards, metrics, and reports across all core IT areas as well as for end-to-end application performance and end user experiences.
- Simplifying overall infrastructure operations and maintain visibility and control proactively at multiple layers across the IT environments.
- Expertise in doing more with less to attain higher efficiency, at higher scale along with focusing on client support experience, and quality of service delivered.
- Experience with agile principles and practices in Infrastructure & Operations, preferably supporting DevOps and application development teams.
- Experience in infrastructure modernization by utilizing a highly automated infrastructure stack with infrastructure-as-a-code toolsets and solutions.
- Expertise in driving a culture of automation to optimize infrastructure operations proactively, focusing on how to improve operational performance, resource utilization, productivity, quality, reliability along with scalability.
- Strong experience in leading transformational initiatives, driving cultural change successfully while ensuring customer service is aligned and supported with quality and responsiveness.
- Strong leadership experience in Change, problem and incident management with close focus on minimizing business impact with proven clients/customers management experience.
- Excellent people management skills, collaboration, relationship and stakeholder management skills required.
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits (upon conversion to permanent hire) like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- 50% 401(k) match - up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO* (plus 9 paid holidays)
- Open and supportive team-based environment
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. We look forward to hearing from you!
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER