Vice President of Engineering:
We are currently seeking a VP of Engineering to lead the engineering resources for an exciting new start-up organization based out of Charlotte, NC. Opportunity to earn equity in the company and ability for a flexible work environment.
The company's device is a next-generation modular GPS locator. Unlike other locators, their focus is on extreme battery life in as small a form factor as possible.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in building cellular, GPS, BTLE and RF-based devices. Requirements overview:
- Expertise in RF-based devices, including but not limited to cellular, GPS and Wifi
- Experience in the entire product development process including EE, ME and Industrial Design
- Experience working with or running a team of engineers
- Experience running a full manufacturing line and working with contract manufacturers and ODMs
- Experience with EVT and DVT
- Experience with component sourcing and costing
- Certification requirements and process experience
- Self-managed and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to work in a highly adaptive and fluid environment
- Ability to create realistic project plans and manage to the plan
- Ability to deliver on time and within budget
- Ability to attract, interview and hire a team of both electrical, firmware and software engineers
- While this is a leadership position, the ideal person will be in the weeds and have the ability/will to sit down with a solder iron and microscope and wire things up to test if need be.