Finexio is looking for a VP of Engineering that not only has the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As the VP of Engineering you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
You want to build an industry-changing product with the best of modern web technologies. You are a hands-on engineering leader with a strong vision for our in-house and distributed engineering teams. Like in any fast-growing startup, you love a good challenge, dream big, get stuff done, and know how to have fun.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Partner with the CEO and COO to create an exciting and supportive team culture - Collaborate with cross-functional teammates from product, sales, marketing, and customer success to create a world-class product
- Work closely with the VP of Product to create a roadmap integrating both product releases and technical projects and ensure we're building the best products
- Hire, manage and develop a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Drive architectural decisions and provide technical guidance
- Establish engineering best practices to maintain a scalable and clean codebase
- Lead by example: contribute high-quality code and set code review standards
- Track engineering velocity, report sprint progress and provide estimates to drive timely product releases
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- A Master s degree in engineering is highly desired
- 10+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- On the ground experience with SaaS (preferred) or high tech
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication and relationship building skills with Senior Leadership and C-Level
- Experience in building full-stack transactional systems (preferably in payments/banking/ e-commerce domains)
- Hands-on programming experience in one or more of the following: Node.js, python, PGSQL. Heroku, SFDC etc.
- Expertise in engineering best practices (Git, CI, TDD, QA, Automation Tests) - Fluency in full-stack web development using modern frameworks such as React and Angular
- Experience with software best practices: Continuous integration/continuous deployment, microservices architecture and design patterns
- Experience managing, hiring, and growing engineering teams of high performing 6+ team members
Why You ll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company.
What We Offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Medical, dental, and vision starting on your first day.
- Unlimited vacation policy.