Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, Master's Degree preferred.
Ten years of industrial experience (preferably) including supervision over information technology and operations support functions. Experience in directing the strategic design of the IT department. Experience in developing and maintaining IT governance policies and procedures related to planning, procuring, deploying and monitoring IT. Additional experience in managing and supporting business objectives, creating contingency plans, and ensuring that the delivery of all products and services throughout the organization. Experience in a leadership level position within manufacturing, especially working directly with automotive supplier plants is required. Experience with ERP systems is required.
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Defines, leads and implements the strategic long term goals, policies and procedures for the Information Technology Department. Provides information management services for the company to maximize the effectiveness of data collection, processing and reporting to accomplish the organization s business objectives.
Defines and problem solves user requirements, utilizing an Information Technology Team who collaborates in developing and implementing innovative and emerging computer applications and technical solutions.
This role reports to the President of Business Operations with a dotted line reporting structure to the President of Assembly Operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines and supports IT team structure. Develops hiring plans as determined based on business needs.
- Develop integrated business systems and communications.
- Oversee security of network infrastructure and ongoing risk management / monitoring of business systems.
- Oversight of all IT-related purchasing and budget usage; works with Accounting to develop annual operating plan budget.
- Ensures oversight of the management of corporate help desk activities and resolves escalated issues when necessary.
- Facilitates the design, implementation, management, and communication of customer-focused strategic business plans.
- Partners with cross functional groups to ensure delivery of product and services in alignment with goals and business requirements
- Data collection (storage / retrieval / analysis).
- Create portals to monitor business metrics at a high level with drill down capabilities.
- Develop communications portals that are easily accessible to internal employees.
- Monitor, maintain, update and develop all standard operating procedures for information technology and operations functions.
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness regarding customers and suppliers in the development and application of all operations systems to include EDI, just-in-time, logistics, broadcast message systems and sequencing.
- Analyze and recommend platforms and cost efficiencies.
- Anticipates future network and/or system needs; identifies proactive solutions to satisfy requirements and/or needs.
- Helps establish and build relationships with vendors and clients.
- Ensures continuous process improvement and user satisfaction.
- Works with key business clients.
- ERP system development, implementation, training and support.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level AS/400 administration and ad-hoc reporting / data analysis
- SQL Programming.
- Materials management experience preferred.
- In-depth exposure to operations and business planning / development.
- Advanced level presentation and training skills.
- Team leadership and management experience, including coaching, development and mentoring.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with MS Office products required.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any proprietary business-related information to which entrusted.