#1508 VP of Product: Mobile, Cloud and IoT Job Description
Our client is seeking a product and user-obsessed technical software leader who will lead the product roadmap and development of IoT products (software and embedded systems) and teams.
As the incoming VP, you will lead the continued development of current products in market, the launch of upcoming new products, the overall strategy & roadmap for digital products, and lead hiring and recruiting for the growing department (15, going to 30+ in 2022).
You will join a leadership team that provides empowerment to their employees and fosters an environment that supports forward career mobility. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, thrive in ambiguity, are able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. This is an opportunity to bring state-of-the-art technology to life and into the hands of customers worldwide.
- Engineering Vision: The candidate must be a product visionary, as you will build and own the vision for our client’s product roadmap. You will balance short-term projects already in development with long-term product vision.
- Cross-Discipline IoT: The candidate should fully understand how electrical, mechanical, software and embedded teams work together to deliver an exceptional customer experience for every one of our products.
- Software: The candidate will help to advance our software capabilities into sensor fusion, machine learning, recognition, IoT connectivity and in-app experience. The system and software architecture is our primary consumer interface and product. We need a leader who can take software architecture to the next level.
- AI/Machine Learning: The candidate will develop a clear vision of machine learning solutions to enable AI-powered in-app experiences for health, well-being, and interaction. The candidate will have a clear understanding of both supervised and unsupervised learning methodologies. Beyond traditional machine learning algorithms, the candidate will be able to recognize opportunities where deep learning is applicable and scale the team to address those opportunities.
- Team Development: The candidate will help to recruit, grow, mentor, and lead our SW engineering team from the current 15 engineers to 30+ in 2022, with larger ambitions for 2023 and beyond. The VP will be responsible for developing other leaders and mentoring our junior engineers to deliver amazing products.
- Prioritization: The candidate must understand how to balance the needs of today with where we want to be tomorrow. As a consumer products company, we will never leave our existing customers hanging, and therefore the candidate will need to partner with internal stakeholders to solve today’s problems while ensuring the teams are prepared to work on tomorrow’s innovations to build our future.
- Execution excellence: The candidate will have a track record of delivering multiple products at scale and on time. This requires driving architecture, execution, verification, and automation of all aspects of the products.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s in Computer Science
- 10+ years’ experience as a Software Engineering Manager/Director/VP
- 10+ years of development experience with at least 5 years in cloud environments working with SQL, Python, Java, and REST APIs
- 7+ years leading multiple Agile teams and programs with expert understanding of Agile and Lean principles
- Strong knowledge of the AWS IoT stack in the context of large-scale IoT product deployments
- Experience with Flutter (or other comparable framework) for mobile app design, development, and support
- Proven ability to manage multiple product lines and meet aggressive release schedules
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Experience managing teams of 30-100 people
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others