Please note that this is a 9 months contract position.
We are seeking Senior VPN Network Engineer with Remote Access experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
This senior level position will be responsible for supporting Cisco VPN and Remote Access services. You will interface with senior-level management and its vendors' technical personnel and participate remotely with field members and local network engineers to diagnose VPN issues and 2-factory authentication issues on site according to national policies and guidelines. This individual shall perform enterprise-level network troubleshooting, propose enhancements to improve performance and reduce costs of maintaining a compliant network.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable in a faced paced environment. You will be responsible for leading multiple concurrent projects including change control and project management. This candidate should have STRONG skills in VPN technologies as well as remote access, ISE and SD-WAN.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
• Maintain existing VPN and remote access systems - patch existing systems, deploy new components based on customer demand, ensure ongoing health and support of the systems.
• Perform project management activities in support of the program.
• Perform periodic maintenance on systems as required by customer.
• Work with customer’s engineering teams to support deployment initiatives.
• Escalate system problems to Entrust technical support and act as a liaison between customer and Entrust technical support in resolving system issues.
• Problem analysis following any service issues to prevent recurrence
• Perform product testing and integration testing as needed
• Identify security risks to systems and suggest mitigations
• Troubleshooting/Configure VPN layer 2 and layer 3.
• Coordinate with remote users to install/configure equipment on site.
• Routing/switching(Cisco) installation and configuration
• Must be willing to work occasional on-call and after hours support
• Some short term travel may be required
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with RADIUS and 2-Factor Authentication (Entrust).
• Experience with administration and troubleshooting Windows operating systems (client/server) in a large Enterprise.
• Experience with Windows Active Directory in a large Enterprise.
• Experience with the development, deployment and support of Cisco ASA, ACS, routing, switching and 802.11.
• Experience troubleshooting Cisco Systems VPN services at layer 2 and layer 3.
• Experience deploying VPN networking equipment in a large Enterprise.
• Experience with network troubleshooting tools in a large Enterprise.
• Experience with ISE and SD-WAN
• Experience with incident and change review system in a large Enterprise.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
• Degree in IT strongly preferred
• CCNP / CCNA strongly preferred
• Familiarity with PKIs and related technologies (LDAP directories, HSMs, OCSP) and security practices desirable but not required
• Project Management skills a plus.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A1377.