Evoke Consulting is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) to join our team.
The PM will provide strategic consulting and analytic support on issues directly related to veteran access to timely and quality care. This person will work closely with managers and their support staff, and perform general project and business management activities as assigned. Project management support approaches should be consistent with project management best practices, notably those specified by PMI’s PMBOK Guide, SEI’s CMMI and LSS.
A successful candidate will be highly motivated, think critically and communicate effectively in writing and orally. In addition, candidates will be able to synthesize complex process and policy issues and ideas into concise formats, work well independently and in teams, and manage projects and client relationships with minimal oversight.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be able to perform many different assignments related to Project Management, internal and external processes and objectives. Candidates for this position will possess a broad understanding of and experience in veteran healthcare and/or healthcare industry. This person will work to help evaluate, define, and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact internal and external business operations. They will assist the client in prioritizing projects within the portfolio, addressing special projects identified by the client and support overall project management adoption and maturation.
The following summarizes prospective responsibilities:
• Provide project leadership in an Agile and Scrum environment on behalf of business stakeholders for technical integration projects delivering contact center modernization tools to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
• Deliver expertise in the integration and deployment of customer relationship management (MS Dynamics) and knowledge management (eGain) technologies.
• Facilitate communication and coordination between business stakeholders and the Office of Information Technology (OIT) development teams.
• Prepare and maintain executive-level project briefings
• Develop and maintain project risk/issue registers and provide analysis to client
• Assist in the creation of project artifacts to include white papers, policy, process and standard operating procedures
• Develop, maintain and use project repositories using MS SharePoint and VA Pulse
• Develop stakeholder relationships and provide direct support to Government project managers and staff
• Communicate with clients through a variety of formats and mediums to help them understand the impact of policy and sector developments and recommend business strategies in response
• Conduct, oversee and quality-review quantitative analyses
• Create both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients depending on their policy and business needs
• Proven success personally managing small to medium IT deployment schedules in a federal agency using MS Project and/or Primavera.
• Ability to track and report progress toward program goals at the project and program level using integrated master schedules and dashboards.
• Personally managed small-large scale projects, 5-7 years exp.
• Client-facing consulting with 3-5 years
• Experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs preferred but not required
• Solid communication skills including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives and leaders within and outside the firm including clients
• Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
• Solid writing skills as a foundation for professional business communication
• Superior problem solving and analytic skills with the capability of applying knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area
• Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients and a commitment to working in a team environment
• Ability to establish personal credibility and be seen as a strategic and technical expert and partner by clients
• Experience managing multiple initiatives/work streams simultaneously
• Project management experience that includes interacting with and presenting to senior-level executives and/or health policy leaders
• Experience analyzing policy proposals, legislation, and/or federal regulation and conveying findings to clients and the public
• Ability to analyze and understand health policy trends from the perspective of multiple stakeholders and translate related business implications
• Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
• Outstanding problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area
BS, Business or equivalent
PMP preferred but not required
MS Project or Primavera preferred
Applicants selected must be U.S. Citizens and will be subject to a government background check and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance.
Arlington, VA/Washington, DC
671 North Glebe Rd, Suite 1600 Arlington, VA, 22203Contact