As a Memory IP System Test Engineer, you will be responsible for planning and driving the execution of the memory subsystem validation for client's Semi-Custom SOC products. You will be involved in the planning of resources and schedule requirements, hardware and software requirements, validation test architecture and test plan development based on the memory IP features of the SOC products. The Memory IP System Test Engineer will also be providing test reports to the client's customer of the Semi-Customer SOC products.
- Executing the overall memory IP functional test plan and validation strategy for client's Semi-Custom
- Working closely with supporting teams in SOC design, memory IP development, firmware and
diagnostics ensuring readiness for first silicon arrival, enablement of memory features during bring
up, and debug of memory related issues throughout the development life cycle.
- Participate in enhancing AMD’s memory validation capabilities, including tool and script
development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and various internal and cross-
functional technical initiatives.
- Engaging with the various memory suppliers in support of the SOC system development and the
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with focus on high speed
interface technology, memory controllers and/or I/O controllers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in one or more of the following: SOC post silicon Validation,
memory system validation and/or SOC IP electrical characterization.
- Working knowledge of various memory technologies such as DDR, GDDR, LPDDR and others.
Having a strong background in GDDR memory technologies is a major plus.
- Strong programming/scripting skills (eg. C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Extensive experience with debug techniques and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with engineering lab equipment, oscilloscopes, bit error rate detectors etc.
- In-depth knowledge of PC architectures and system technologies.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills for both internal and customer facing
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze data quickly is a must.
- Must be a self-starter, able to drive tasks to completion independently in a dynamic team working
- Ability to flex responsibilities over the development lifecycle.
- Leadership and mentoring skills a definite asset.
- Bilingual in Mandarin, Japanese or simplified Chinese a major plus.
4518 Seaboard Lane Fort Collins, CO, 80525