What will you do
At Draeger, our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives. We are looking for a talented individual to join our patient monitoring team to help deliver new features and product enhancements that will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medical care around the world.
This individual will perform verification activities for C&D projects by testing, documenting and troubleshooting observed deviations. Execute and analyze verification test specifications to determine whether systems have met product requirements. Identification and documentation of deviations. Participate in Agile development project teams working towards common feature objectives.**compensation commensurate with experience**
**this position does not offer a relocation package**
Who you areEducation:
- Participate in an Agile software development environment working as part of a cross-functional sprint team to develop verification specifications, perform testing and generate test reports
- Identify/document product deviations related to system requirements and record test methods/equipment used for reproducibility.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings for product requirements, hazard analysis, and design reviews.
- Contribute to the overall verification strategy and planning efforts as a member of a product feature team working closely with Verification leads.
- Review and provide input to technical system requirements for testability of the product.
- Test risk-based software and hardware design mitigations contributing to the assurance of patient safety based on product hazards descriptions.
- Provide input into completion of product traceability analysis from system requirements through product risk mappings in relation to verification specifications
- Ensure compliance to all internal SOPs and FDA/industry regulations.
- Assist in training and knowledge sharing for areas of expertise with other colleagues.
- Perform other duties as required
BS in relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Biomedical, Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering).Related Experience: 2-5
years of experience in verification/testing of products. Medical device experience preferredSpecial Competencies or Certifications:
- Proficient with the use of MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Prior working knowledge in a regulated industry with 510K submissions
- Familiar with FDA, IEC, ISO regulations in relation to verification principles and patient monitoring
- Familiarity with JIRA, Rational ClearQuest/DOORs, LabVIEW, or Quality Manager a plus
- Ability to create robust documentation and having a strong attention to detail
REMINDER: **compensation commensurate with experience** AND **this position does not offer a relocation package**