Kforce has a client in Round Rock, TX that is seeking a Validation Test Engineer.
In this role, the Validation Test Engineer will work in the Server Storage engineering team. The Server Storage engineering team develops emerging server storage solutions spanning multiple implementations, including Hardware RAID solutions, Software RAID, and PCIe SSD products within the company's Server and Infrastructure Systems organization. The Server Storage organization is closely tied to other development organizations, including the server and storage enclosure platform teams, operating system teams, systems management and mechanical teams.
* The Validation Test Engineer is responsible for working on special assignments and prototype projects that are moderately complex in nature, where good judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
* Work from developed test plans and also written or verbal instructions; Work in a team environment but will often execute their tasks independently
* In addition, the Validation Test Engineer will independently construct, troubleshoot, and test prototype assemblies as well as assist engineers in test phase of prototype systems
* Test early development level solution components and triage issues found during test
* Perform design verification and characterization on server storage products
* Troubleshoot and repair systems to the component level
* Set up, configure, and test prototype systems and software
* Perform specified test plans
* The Validation Test Engineer will perform functional tests and analyze newly developed systems to ensure operation and reliability
* Assemble and disassemble prototype systems as necessary
* Assist other technicians in completing assigned tasks
* Able to work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
* Candidates qualifying for this position will have similar experience along with the skills and abilities to perform the duties mentioned
* Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.