Vcloud Director / networking Engineer
Duration: 9 months
Location: Round Rock, TX
Our client is looking for a Validation engineer with a SDN/NFV/Telecommunications background that has experience working on solution projects that include server, storage, software and networking switches. Candidate will play a pivotal role in the deployment, validation and documentation of leading edge Service Provider solutions.
As an engineer in the NFV team, you will be expected to deploy and validate an OpenStack and/or an VMWare environment. You will be responsible for evaluation and integration of various Open Source technologies and third-party solutions.
- Experience *8+ years of professional experience
- Need to have experience in QA testing at the wire layer, network experience, and VCloud deployment experience.
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization environment of both servers and applications along with the use of hypervisor technologies
- Strong knowledge in the functions and features in cloud / data center environment
- Strong knowledge in Ethernet protocols and Layer-2 equipment technologies including large scale Switches, Routers
- Strong understanding and experience troubleshooting of OS (Linux), Hypervisors (KVM, Xen, etc), vCloud,
- VMWare vCloud deployment experience
- IXIA/ traffic generator experience
- Hands on experience with Docker containers or Kubernetes management is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of server HW and computing infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of performance testing and system testing
- Familiarity with NVFI Foundational Software, OS, and Virtualization
- Experience in VMWare vCloud\VIO deployment and administration, QoS, Infrastructure Virtualization, Virtual Networking, System Management, Cloud Environments
- Knowledge and experience with Storage concepts
- Experience configuring and deploying Openstack or VMware ESX on Dell PowerEdge Systems, communicating status, and documenting processes and procedures
- Experience in telecommunications technologies, industry trends (network architectures, technologies, services) used in wireline, wireless, cable operators
Day to Day Activities
You will be responsible for the execution of solution testing in the lab. This includes:
- Deploying, Managing, and Validating Computing, Networking, and Storage components
- System-level validation of networking solutions optimized for performance, high availability and customer use cases.
- Scripting/automation of test cases, troubleshooting HW and SW in a lab environment.
- Defect submission, isolation, and debug.
- Participating in test case development, validation strategy and execution, and performance analysis.
- Developing deployment documentation and other collateral,
- Assisting in the creation and tuning of installation methods to further streamline Openstack and\or VMWare vCloud\VIO system installs and configurations
Tan Check Consolidated, Inc. WBENC Certified WOSB Certified firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 215-860-5031 www.tcci.com