Ekman Associates, Inc. is a Southern California based company focused on the following services: Management Consulting, Professional Staffing SolutionsandExecutive Recruiting.
Reporting to the Vendor Management Leader the Vendor Management Specialist will be responsible for end-to-end vendor management activities, including but not limited to partnering with internal stakeholders, data analysis, research, negotiation strategy development, proposal analysis, and vendor contract reviews and implementation. The vendor management specialist is an individual contributor who may also be tasked with supporting management in key high-level vendor management initiatives. This position focuses specifically on Software Vendor Management and requires dedicated problem solving, contract negotiations and internal customer relations. This is a senior individual contributor role, managing industry leading vendors.
- Experience working in large, global organization managing vendors in a procurement, technology portfolio, business development or partner management capacity
- Experience managing complex IT contracts and relationships with a strong preference on Software Licensing
- Perform as functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- Create successful relationship with vendor contacts at all levels of the organization
- Create strong business relationships with internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor who influences buying behavior and drives savings.
- Coordinate all vendor management tasks inclusive of working with external vendors and internal employees.
- Analyze vendor performance to assess compliance-to-contract
- Analyze monthly spend reports, PO data and head count reports
- Manage RFX activities as assigned.
- Review Purchase Requests and related documentation to help ensure requisite quality standards are achieved
- Review contracts (MPSA, MSA, SOWs, Order Forms, etc.) to ensure clear, correct and comprehensive agreements are developed in conjunction with the Engagement Owners and sourcing
- Lead and/or participate in contract negotiations and coordinates the review and approval process
- Ensure enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished.
- Review Vendor Risk Assessment outputs to ensure risk has been appropriately assessed
- Ensure compliance to processes and policies to reduce / mitigate risks
- Analysis / Reporting / Management
- Help and coordinate vendor processes and methods to approve vendors.
- Ensure to track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance.
- Tracking contracted service levels
- Support establishing SLA and metrics reflecting the desired level and quality of service
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management as required.
- Identify improvement areas internally as well as perform closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
- Identify and implement continuously enhance efficiencies associated with vendor management plus produce fulfillment.
- Participate to formulate workflow processes, methods and policies for applying vendors.
- Ensure to collaborate with IT areas to assure vendor partners effectively manage plus contracts are completely leveraged.
- Prepare processes for as well as manage analysis, selection and transition.
- Monitor contractual agreements for all IT function’s vendors.
- Stimulate steady process enhancement to present increasing operational efficiency in entire business partner processes.
- Support to explore expansion across new business lines.
- Prepare and review vendor contracts, quotes, and proposals.
- Partner with Legal and Security teams during new vendor on boarding to ensure business requirements are met at engagement onset.
- Vendor relations and management, including quarterly business reviews and monthly business reviews
- Captures and translates roadmap plans into vendor requirements; uses expertise in the development of commercial terms with software providers to advise and lead the requirements definition for procurement, legal, IT and business teams.
- Leads and creates the financial models and strategy for commercial agreements, including budget requirements, optimal financial and software license models; participates in negotiation efforts to deliver optimal financial and business terms.
- Manages a budget of vendor spend in portfolio area; facilitates annual planning with executive leaders for functional area, advising on trade-offs, helping budget for priorities and synergy opportunities; provides oversight and produces recommendations and executes tactics to deliver requirements within budget.
- Facilitates and maintains relationships between strategic vendors and internal resources, including IT stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; Master s/MBA degree preferred
- 10 years of contract and vendor management experience working in a large, global organization managing vendors in a procurement, technology portfolio, business development or partner management capacity.
- 5 years of experience managing complex IT contracts and relationships, with a strong preference on software licensing.
- Strong business acumen with ability to create and analyze cost benefit analysis proposals and advise business leaders, finance and procurement on strengths of various scenarios and manage trade-offs and risks to arrive at optimal outcome.
- Excellent negotiation, relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of vendor management principles and practices
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experienced, motivated and confident in understanding and working broadly in a complex organization to create needed alignment and harness wider relationships.
- Experience in working closely with senior executives, understanding priorities, what information is needed to support decisions and confident in delivering presentations and advisement to senior leaders.
- Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes for both parties.
- Strong ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures.
- Knowledge of market trends in software contract and pricing models, service delivery and performance management, and innovations
- Strong experience with creating executive MS PowerPoint presentations
- Creating RFX evaluation templates
- Metrics driven, with the ability to exercise judgment and operate independently.
- Ability to prioritize requests and communicate effectively in a deadline driven environment.
Qualified Candidates Only: If you wish to learn more about this opportunity and additional qualifications/responsibilities, please submit your resume. To learn more about Ekman Associates, Inc. please visit our website at www.ekmanassociates.com.